Lake Lanier Crappie 3/25/17

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
I may give the Gliss a shot,,,, now if we can get together and go after a few trout,,,,

We'll make it happen.

Trolling Question.... How deep? In the channel on the bottom, what type of lure? Thanks

How deep? Depends on the water level and right now at Lanier, it's not that deep up the rivers but you can find some rock ledges that are in 20+ feet but not many. Shad raps have always been good to me up there and you also catch other fish. Stick to the channel.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Later in the year, the walleye usually suspend out in the main channels under balls of bait. Downriggers or dipsey divers are the way to go then, often maybe fishing 40-70 feet deep, or whatever level they are showing on the fish finder.

Or deeper!

I'll be attempting the deep water trolling this year up in an unnamed small North Ga lake for walleye.. :cool::cool:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Or deeper!

I'll be attempting the deep water trolling this year up in an unnamed small North Ga lake for walleye.. :cool::cool:

Yep. I caught a limit of walleye on Fontana a few years ago vertical jigging with 1 1/2 oz Hopkins and Flex-it spoons 120' deep. Their eyes would pop out when you reeled them up.

j_seph

Sweet
So was clarks bridge closed due to water levels or an event