New to Georgia

I am new to Georgia and fairly new to duck hunting. I started getting into duck hunting about 3 years ago, but I was located in south Florida. I understand duck hunting in Georgia isn't the best, but to me its better than none. I live over in troup county on West Point Lake and I do plan on doing my own scouting in the area, but if there is anyone who is familiar with the area and would like to join feel free. Also, if anyone would be interested I wouldn't mind sharing my private hunting property that has plenty of deer and turkey for some duck trips. I am definitely not opposed to traveling for some good duck hunting.

I know some have mentioned to go out of state, but that is more of a goal for next year considering I just started a new job and can't take much time off being on probation.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

g0nef1sshn

South fl is where i grew up hunting. And hunted SE Georgia previous 3. Totally different from everglades to me but awesome learning the new techniques. In Louisianna now about to learn some more new ones. Good luck and this forum and its members made me some great hunting friends! One shot me a pic of him scouting a point we hunted for woodies this morning. And i shot a pic of me at work.....

Thanks y'all. I definitely look forward to good connections on here and not just hunting advice. Im planning on going south toward lake seminole per my battalion chiefs suggestion. If I make it down there, I will definitely share my findings.

Last edited:

MudDucker

Staff member
Welcome aboard. Can't advise you to get too excited about Georgia duck hunting though.

The Fever

Good luck this season. If the cold weather up north continues, we could have some good ducks down south. I can't wait to read about your success stories!