Lake Allatoona WMA

feathersnantlers

Why does everyone give Allatoona WMA a bad rap. If you're willing to walk its not bad.

A friend and I started hunting it last year. He got a 7 pt. I see deer everytime I go.

Jranger

Best to use a boat to access the WMA IMO. I use to hike back in there when it was a big chunk of woods. Once they lost the big lease it's pretty much just Corp land around the lake and creeks.

justina

Lookin' at the regs and it says General Hunt: Oct 24-Dec 4. Dec 26-Jan 1.

This is Buck only right? Reason I ask is because all other WMAs say either Buck Only, or either sex whatever days.

Thanks/

Danny Leigh

GONetwork Member
All the hunts at Allatoona are either-sex.

Lookin' at the regs and it says General Hunt: Oct 24-Dec 4. Dec 26-Jan 1.

This is Buck only right? Reason I ask is because all other WMAs say either Buck Only, or either sex whatever days.

Thanks/

justina

Should have had one this morning. Went for my gun a little too soon and he saw me. He was a small 4 or 6 with a limp. Back in the stand though. Maybe they will move this afternoon.

JonnyCatch5

Hunted from 2pm til dark. No movement. Going back in in the morning. Havent hunted here in over 6 years, i might not even be near a good location.
Any advice from you pros.

lanman122

Headed out there this evening and have been two times and havent seen anything or tracts can u advise me where a decent spot is

lanman122

Has anyone had any luck I have only seen 1 deer so far this season and I have only missed three days this year if you have a location. Of an deer I would appreachiataed it need meat in freezer