Hello from the Ca desert

mstersmith

Hello everyone! I joined this forum in preparation of my move this summer to Albany Ga. I am an active duty Marine from California. Hope that doesn’t get held against me to much lol. I am originally from Nor Cal near South Lake Tahoe. My dad was raised in Utah and passed his love of hunting and fishing down to me. I have always hunted the Western states and look forward to learning about white tail hunting. I am excited and have been told by several of my hunting buddies who grew up in the South if I can kill a deer in California I will slay them out here. I have three daughters who love hunting with me and they cannot wait to move either. Deer season for us is a family event. I am also interested in turkeys as it is an 8 hour drive for me to hunt them in So Cal and not worth the effort. We have hogs but not like you all have. I have been lurking a bit in the forums reading what I can. Great resource you have here.

Cmp1

BANNED
Welcome,,,, bunch of great and knowledgeable folks here,,,, thanks again for your service,,,,

Wanderlust

Welcome to South GA. A couple hunting opportunities you will have close by will be chickasawhatchee WMA and the Marine base. The Marine base is bow only for deer. Chickasawhatchee is the second largest swamp in Ga. It has deer, turkey,hog,and small game hunts. The adult child hunts for deer there are non quota and are usually really good. Lots of poisonous snakes and some alligator call the swamp home so keep a lookout. Hope this helps a little and have a safe move.

mstersmith

Welcome to South GA. A couple hunting opportunities you will have close by will be chickasawhatchee WMA and the Marine base. The Marine base is bow only for deer. Chickasawhatchee is the second largest swamp in Ga. It has deer, turkey,hog,and small game hunts. The adult child hunts for deer there are non quota and are usually really good. Lots of poisonous snakes and some alligator call the swamp home so keep a lookout. Hope this helps a little and have a safe move.

Thank you everyone! I appreciate the into. A few buddys have taken some great deer on the base. I plan on hitting Ft Benning too. The regs are pretty straight forward as well. Beats the pants off Ca!:flag:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Hello everyone! I joined this forum in preparation of my move this summer to Albany Ga. I am an active duty Marine from California. Hope that doesn’t get held against me to much lol.

It moves you to the front of the line Devil Dawg!

Semper Fi and welcome aboard!:cool:

mstersmith

It moves you to the front of the line Devil Dawg!

Semper Fi and welcome aboard!:cool:

Oooorah! Funny thing is I joined to leave! Took 19 years, 2 wars and 15 different country's. I never experienced the South until I went to Quantico for Warrant Officer training and fell in love with the way of life. My family cannot wait to get out to Ga! Thank you all for the warm welcome.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
And thank your for your service sir. I think you will enjoy South Georgia, but you gonna have to get a few miles out of Albany to really appreciate it.

mstersmith

And thank your for your service sir. I think you will enjoy South Georgia, but you gonna have to get a few miles out of Albany to really appreciate it.

Thank you for this. I mostly hunt military bases in Ca because it is Federal land and almost like your own hunting club. Figured I would stick to that plan but I really want to experience Georgia and all it has to offer.

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
lot's of good hunting around Albany. Lot's of culture shock too. Welcome to the family. don't lurk no more- join in.

Deer Fanatic

Cool ? Useless Billy Deer Guide
Thank you for your service,sir and welcome:flag:. You will find plenty of hunting and fishing in south Georgia. Don't know if you are familiar with gnats or not, but you're gonna love them!! :D:D