Just not enough time!

TheTroutWhisperer

The DH streams have been great so far but drives me crazy that I just can't find enough time to fish. Being away for almost the entire month of November really got my fishing and hunting out of whack. I have fished Fires once, Tellico 2 times and the Toccoa DH once. All trips were awesome. The Tellico has really been extra good however. I still want to fish Snowbird and Natahala when I get the chance. I will have 11 days off soon and will be a fishing and hunting beast during that time. Get ready to put some miles on that Tacoma! Pic from Tellico last Saturday.

Attachments

• IMG_1382.JPG
    IMG_1382.JPG
    182.7 KB · Views: 571
  • IMG_1408.JPG
    IMG_1408.JPG
    200.6 KB · Views: 567

mattuga

Banned
The DH streams have been great so far but drives me crazy that I just can't find enough time to fish. Being away for almost the entire month of November really got my fishing and hunting out of whack. I have fished Fires once, Tellico 2 times and the Toccoa DH once. All trips were awesome. The Tellico has really been extra good however. I still want to fish Snowbird and Natahala when I get the chance. I will have 11 days off soon and will be a fishing and hunting beast during that time. Get ready to put some miles on that Tacoma! Pic from Tellico last Saturday.

Very nice, beautiful fish. It is a great time of year for both, good luck.

TheTroutWhisperer

Had the chance to get in lots of fishing over the holidays. Fished the Tellico twice, Fires, Natahala and the Toccoa DH twice. All but the Natahala was lights out good. Not sure why I could not get it going there? This was the first time I had ever been there but found lots of great looking runs to fish and with the 24 degrees and fast water that day I had the place to myself. After 2 hours of fishing only 3 smallish rainbows so I packed up and headed back down to the Toccoa for the remainder. Had some rain during that time and the streams were all running a bit fast. Had the hardest time at Fires with the fast water. I think most of the fish were in the deeper parts and it seemed those deeper parts were below plunge pools and that water was really moving. Seems like no matter how heavy a bug and shot applied I just couldn't get down fast enough. Still though 10 or 12 to hand with a really nice brown that day. The Toccoa DH has been fun, good numbers but not so much size most 11-13". The Tellico was the most fun good numbers and Big hard fighting Fish!

Attachments

• IMG_1504.JPG
    IMG_1504.JPG
    202.4 KB · Views: 347