Pigman

bevills1

Today Pigman on the Sportsman channel mentioned Hornady 308 ammo they were using to eradicate hogs with an AR from a helicopter, but I don't think they specified which Hornady 308 ammo. Did anyone see it today, and does anyone know which Hornady ammo it was. The skull of one of the hogs they shot exploded with bits of bone flying in all directions. According to the guide this will be rebroadcast at 5 AM Saturday. Maybe somebody could record and watch it to see if they did state which Hornady ammo; perhaps they did, and I simply missed it.

Big7

The Oracle
That's a joke.

Even Ted Nugent can shoot a hog from a helicopter.

But.. Back on topic, I'd say the factory rounds
are loaded with SST's.

Hornady are among the best boolits on the planet.

transfixer

Its on youtube, Aporkalypse 2018, he doesn't say what the load was, just Hornady ammo, I don't know that it was as much the ammo as it just happened to be where the shot went in, and happened to fracture the skull, hydraulics from interior matter did the rest .

markland

More than likely the Hornaday Full Boar ammo with the 165gr GMX bullet.

georgia_home

sounds like hornady is just his sponsor. throwing free ammo someones way will get them to say all sorts of things.

not to say hornady is bad, far from it, but it seems any of the ammo brands with good hunting loads would work. free good ammo is always best, if you can find it.

then again, maybe their ammo is designed like some of the anti-armor tank rounds, top attack, designed to fly over the target and explode down on the weakest part of the hog?

sophisticated. ;)