InjunJoe Memorial Fly Swap Picture Thread

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I now tote some 3x , just in case a run up on a big hole. I needs one of the bugs though.

I would liked to have seen that one. I threw a big nymph in that hole nearly every weekend the rest of the summer, but he didn't like me. :D

I'll bring you a bug. :)

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Packages will be sorted and mailed out tomorrow. Thanks to all y'all for making this a great swap. :cheers:

The mtn man

I would liked to have seen that one. I threw a big nymph in that hole nearly every weekend the rest of the summer, but he didn't like me. :D

I'll bring you a bug. :)

Wasn't it raining and had been raining hard when I walked down there?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
OK, packages have gone postal. I hope they all make it. Some packages are in plain paper envelopes that sometimes don't hold up to postal sorting machines. I speak from experience. Those that failed to include a return mailer have been mailed in a durable padded mailer I provided. Let me know when they arrive.

sasmojoe

My flies arrived today. They all look great, thanks to Paymaster for coordinating this swap. Hopefully will post some pics of trout caught using these flies.

Killer Kyle

Got my flies in the mail today as well. I'm very impressed with them and very anxious to fish with them! I appreciate everyone participating and taking their time to make this such an enjoyable swap. Big hats off to paymaster for hosting and filling in with additional flies. Now, we'all have to post pics of the fish we catch on the swap flies. That's what I plan on doing, anyway. This has been a lot of fun folks!!!

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
Got my flies in the mail today as well. I'm very impressed with them and very anxious to fish with them! I appreciate everyone participating and taking their time to make this such an enjoyable swap. Big hats off to paymaster for hosting and filling in with additional flies. Now, we'all have to post pics of the fish we catch on the swap flies. That's what I plan on doing, anyway. This has been a lot of fun folks!!!

Let's go test them out!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Got mine today. A bunch of great-looking flies, for sure! :clap:

Looking forward to trying them out.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
I have not heard from every participant. Let me know when you get flies please.

Tomboy Boots

Turkey Killer
Let's bring this thread back to the top one more time... I spent my birthday and the Memorial Day weekend in the north Georgia mountains and caught 2 rainbows and a brookie on the first fly I tied for the swap! I hung a couple of brookies much bigger but couldn't get them to the net before they got off. It's a good feeling catching them on the first fly I ever tied and using all feathers from my own birds :)trout1c.JPGtrout1b.JPGtrout1a.JPGtrout1.JPGtroutfly2.jpgtroutfly1.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Good deal! :clap:

Yep, there's something pretty satisfying about catching fish on your own flies!

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Man Yeah!! Way to go TBB!!!!! You are ruint now fo sho!!!!!

:clap:

Killer Kyle

I got to put Tomboy Boots fly to work last night! I have been spin fishing the last few days and the action has been slow, but I've noticed mayflies hatching on the last few cool evenings, and a lot of surface action. Last night I saw fish start hitting the surface late in the evening, so I put down the spinning rod and broke out the 4wt. A couple weeks ago I jumped in the river, work-boots and all to snatch a fly box that I had seen floating downstream. It had a lot of great flies in it, but also a lot that I didn't care for. I decided to just go ahead and start using them or else they'll just sit in the box in my fishing pack for the next five years or so. I pulled out a ridiculously large stimulator, and dropped Tomboy Boots nymph off the back of it. I ended up hooking and losing a couple on her nymph, landing this brown and rainbow on it right at dark, and had a couple misses on the stimi. I've been spin fishing a lot lately and haven't put my flies from the swap to proper use. It was really nice being able to start putting these flies to work.

Thanks for the fly Boots! It brought me some great fun last night!!!

29crsiu.jpg

zwj0gw.jpg

Tomboy Boots

Turkey Killer
Beautiful pictures Kyle! It sounds like a great evening of trout fishing :) I wish I were closer so I could go more often!

Latest posts