Ocmulgee and Oaky WMA

GTHunter

Heading down this weekend. Been looking forward to it since last summer. I'll post a report when I get back.

GTHunter

No luck for our crew. We saw tons of sign, from pigs and people.... My spots are getting a little too popular. I did see a bear which is always fun. I'll be back down this weekend, probably on Oaky this time.

jkendal1

No luck for our crew. We saw tons of sign, from pigs and people.... My spots are getting a little too popular. I did see a bear which is always fun. I'll be back down this weekend, probably on Oaky this time.

Where did you go? I will be at Oaky this weekend as well. I didn't get to go this past weekend. I've heard that Oaky has been empty lately .

chrislibby88

I got one on Monday on Oaky Woods. Checking fresh sign and one walked out on a fire break about 50 yards ahead of me around 11am

I spent a lot of time out during turkey season, so I had a good idea of where to start looking. First bottom I checked was all old sign, but the second spot had fresh sign from that morning, and as I continued I found grass pushed over and knew I was getting hot.

chrislibby88

Anyone gonna be on Oaky Woods tomorrow? We should have a nice break in the weather for most of the day.