Onion time

Stang

Ordered my onions today from Dixondale Farms...scheduled them to ship Feb. 12. Anyone else getting anxious for planting time?

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Yep. Onions and garlic beds ready

cjones

After seeing all the posts here about onions in the past, I had to give it a go this year. Just placed my order with Dixondale for shipping on Feb 12th. Hope it dries out enough to get a spot worked up by then.

Huntinfool

Ordered mine the other day from Dixondale. I think they are shipping about the same time.

Killdee

Mine should be here today, garlic has been in the ground since November.

Killdee

Yep they showed up today!!!! I cut back this year to 2 bundles and bought the sampler. I'll still be giving away onions.

Attachments

• IMG_5778.JPG
    IMG_5778.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 477

Stang

6 weeks

Onions are a few days over 6 weeks since being planted. Coming along nicely...applied ammonium nitrate at 3 weeks and again at 5 weeks.

Attachments

• IMG_20180224_180210361.jpg
    IMG_20180224_180210361.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 365
  • IMG_20180410_183458540.jpg
    IMG_20180410_183458540.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 364

Killdee

Looks good mine are doing good too, I fertilized at planting but have yet to side dress. I cut back from the last 2 years.

bick27

Mine are doing great again this year...I think this may be my best year yet, almost all of my plants have 8 leaves already.

Killdee

Give mine a second dose of am nitrate, also have 8-10 leaves on the majority of mine.

OmenHonkey

I Want Fancy Words TOO !
This is my first year planting onions. When I a good way to tell when they are ready for plucking... The size of the bulb sticking out of the ground?

Killdee

Yep, go to dixondale website, lots of info re all aspects of onion cultivation, harvest and storage.