lake juliette

fished Saturday, it was tough. The most wind (there was no getting out of the wind) and the most fishermen I have ever encountered at the same time.

I still managed to come home with 7, 1 - 4lber was the best. Kept nothing under 2 lbs.

lake is pretty and these cool nights we are still having is keeping the bank vegetation at a minimum. Water temp was 64 in the morning and it got to 69. Fished from 7:00 a.m. to 7 p.m. I was wore out. Must have thrown a 1000 times.

Threw back a bunch of short fish during the day long event.

Caught my fish in 8 to 10 ft of water on the inside edge of the first grass line.

Good luck

s&r

fotoguy

Windy on Juliette

I was there on Saturday as well striper fishing. And yes it was real windy. I caught 11 stripers from 3lbs. to 16 lbs. on live bait.

Big7

The Oracle
One of my favorite lakes.
Cleanest restrooms/showers/camp lots around! :cool:

Congratulations on a good trip.

The wind has been rough up here for the last
three weeks.

kevbo3333

One of my favorite lakes.
Cleanest restrooms/showers/camp lots around! :cool:

Congratulations on a good trip.

The wind has been rough up here for the last
three weeks.

They closed the camp a year or two ago. I read where the group that runs high falls campsite is going to open it back up.

yak_brad

I was there on Saturday as well striper fishing. And yes it was real windy. I caught 11 stripers from 3lbs. to 16 lbs. on live bait.

What do you use for live bait? I used to get bluebacks from All Seasons, but I believe the bait shop is closed now.

yak_brad

Bass minnows...

Well, we pulled in a couple 5 pounders and a good sized large mouth. Do you pretty much just troll in front of the plant, or are there other areas that you've had luck? I guess it takes some time to figure out where not to troll, as we went through one spot and every line got snagged on underwater trees. I know you've been at it a while, got any tips?

getaff

Where is a good place to put in up there? I just have a trolling motor. I went yesterday and did not catch a thing

MattPC

Looking for any bass tips for afternoon and evening fishing. My son and I are fishing out of Holy Grove in the afternoons after he gets home from school. We have tried shallow, deep, edges, timber, and grass with jigs, plastic worms, beetle spins, rooster tails, and spinner baits, and have had little success. We are trying to learn how to catch bass. Any tips are appreciated.
Matt

I saw largemouth in the timber Saturday

I didn't have much luck getting them to bite.

I fished the big water on grass beds along the edge of the bank also without much success.

The largemouth did not bite for me much. I left with 6 and probably threw that many back. But I fished all day.
It was tough, so tough I did not go back Sunday.

I like the middle of the lake where the timber ends and the big water starts, mixed cover with both grass and timber. Look for cloudy days with a little bit of wind. I caught 4 of the 6 bass I kept in 1 hour, and that was the best bit we had. I like soft plastics, something I can make it look real. It can be any color, as long as it is green pumpkin.

This lake is tough, but If you can catch the fish when they want to bite, it can be really good. I have seen days when I caught lots of fish and went through 3 packs of 20 worms. And I have seen days when all the bites I had was just enough to catch 4 or 5 for supper.

I saw a lot of fish on the bank last weekend, and this weekend not so much. I've caught fish that have already bed and I've caught fish that still have eggs. I saw fish on the bed and I saw beds that the fish are gone.

In closing let me say the only way to let this lake work it's good side for you is to keep going. I saw lots of bream and you can always carry some worms and fish for them as you go around the bank. Wait until you smell them and get some little fish bites on your bass worm, stop and give them a try. I saw few BIG shell cracker follow my worm all the way to the boat this weekend.

I have a saying about Lake Juliette, "I've seen my live well go from zero to hero in one cast".

Good Luck

s&r

Last edited:

MattPC

This may be a double...
Thank you for the reply. Juliette is 10 minutes from home, so we will keep trying. I may try morning fishing a little, but my son is in school, so not as easy. I'll keep you posted.