28 Hours of driving

gsppurist

Friday was a perfect morning, steady breeze, 38 degrees. There was only 4 people left. We all had dogs and one guy had 2. All dogs ran. We worked a quarter of CRP. The first bird I shot was a wild flush and got him about 45 yards away with #5 shot. The second rooster was scared up by my dog as he casted in from of me, did a good retrieve. While working the CRP along the road, my dog was crossing and came to a dead stop pointing downwind into a thick grass patch. It was a picturesque situation. I rounded my dog, a large mature rooster flushed and he also succumbed to a #5 lead. Buster did a great retrieve. It was a perfect end to a great week. 8 days of hunting with the last day done by 9 am. Went back to lodge, showered, loaded truck and headed home, me and my sore footed dog. I arrived home last night at about 12 am. I will load the pictures of the final day when I get them.

Last edited:

Setter Jax

Looked like a prefect hunting trip. Sounds like the weather was pretty good the whole trip as well. I'm planning a trip out west for sure next year.

SJ

gsppurist

We have already started to plan for next year. With 2 dogs, may try for 2 weeks if the wife lets me!!!

gsppurist

can you hunt from atv on most of the land

Don't need to but likely yes. For those who couldn't do the walking they were blockers. For the most part walkers always got more productive shooting. Hard to hit a bird flying 50 miles per hour straight at you vs 50 mph away from you. The trespass fees were per person.

gsppurist

I finally put together some action footage of one of the last days of the hunt. I limited early in the morning and let Buster help others get their limit of roosters.
:candle:
TG

Last edited:

gsppurist

I was daydreaming...

I was going through some of my pics and found these photos taken of me while hunting in ND during Nov 2011. We have already started planning for next year and I have a countdown app on my phone...193 days as of today.

I figure since I can only do obedience training now til more birds to train with are found, will just go through old photos, look at guns and training stuff online.

Since I got a GoPro camera, will be posting hunting videos this upcoming season.

TG

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    391.7 KB · Views: 645
  • IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    415.6 KB · Views: 621
  • IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    423.7 KB · Views: 638
  • IMG_0007.jpg