Ogeechee HP Limit

grinder48

The Ogeechee has a 10 HP limit above the Steel Bridge. What'll they do to someone if caught running a 15 (at 9.9 speeds)? What'll they do to someone if caught with a 15 showing 9.9 decals? Just wondering if someone would need to trade a 15 for a 9.9 just to fish the 'geechee 2 or 3 times a year. Just curious of course ...

jeremyledford

Either way is a ticket because the officer is in a bind at this point. Running a 15hp with its stickers is asking for it. Running 9.9 stickers this hypothetical person has a much better chance of nothing being said. Just know it's not hard to remove the cover/look at the plate and see what hp the motor is. Running serial numbers is easy, too. I just don't think 99% of officers would ever do this without someone blatantly being stupid/dangerous.

rydert

Blue Heeler man
I know an older gentleman that has run a 15 in the Ogeechee for years. I have never seen him get barely above idle in it....one would hope that officer discretion would be used in most cases.

As Jeremy said above, it's not hard to figure out if it's legal or not if they wanted to write you a ticket......

REUSSERY

I ran a 15 in high falls with 10 horse decals for ears and never raised an eye, of course I wasn't trying to drag race every other boat out on the lake either... I believe it you use some discretion all is well. BTW, I have fished above the Hwy 119 steel bridge many times and to tell the truth, its no better than below, in fact, it seems a bit shallower up stream.