DNR stocked West Point

Ben Athens

You can thank the Chattahooce River Keeper for the demise of West Point. The lawsuits cleaned up the river and dropped the fertility of the lake.

TurkeyCreek

If they want to fix the fishery (I don't think it is near as bad as it is made out to be), then they need to make an effort to get the COE to get the water to full pool by spawning time. Give the bass fry a place to hide so they have a chance to make it. They claim to have a time frame that they will not fluctuate the water, but I don't think it always coincides with the spawn. I have seen it too many times where the water is dropped while the bass are spawning leaving nests high and dry.

Absolutely a major problem.....and it happens numerous years.

This year has been the craziest as far as how they have controlled it. Yet Lanier is at full pool !!!!!!!

West Point wont get full this year unless we have a monsoon hit.

Coenen

This year has been the craziest as far as how they have controlled it. Yet Lanier is at full pool !!!!!!!
Hey now! We're two feet low up here! :stir:

After the big draw down and historic lows a few years back, they seem pretty gun shy about bringing Lanier down at all. I seem to remember hearing that they are moving a lot of the load for navigation and downstream flow from Lanier on to WP. Not sure if that's "official" or not though.