Two Ole Vietnam Vets!

mlandrum

Donnie and I were in Vietnam together in 1967-68, He was an Engineer and I was a Grunt. Little did we know I would be his Pastor for 37 years:pop: Well he and I did what we love today in the Altamaha river---- get a mess of Kitty-Kats!!!!:yeah:

Attachments

• FullSizeRender (34) (1280x960).jpg
    FullSizeRender (34) (1280x960).jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 1,055
  • IMG_1447 (960x1280).jpg
    IMG_1447 (960x1280).jpg
    94 KB · Views: 1,061

jeremyledford

Can't beat that!

Thank you both for serving our country. I wasn't even thought of back then but know I'm thankful not just this weekend, but every day for veterans that have made my life both better and possible. Thank you both for serving.

Quackmasterofgeorgia

Thank you greatly for serving this Great Country. And good job on catching a good mess of cats.

Worley

Fishing

Men the both of you represent some of the finest in our country. Thanks for putting your life on the line to protect ours, God bless the both of you...And u ain't afraid to catch some fish as well, great job fellas

Horns

Because of actions and sacrifices from great military men like you, we can enjoy freedom. Thank you.

Also some fine eating you have there.

specialk

didn't know you were a Vietnam vet preacher! thanks for your service sir.....and a nice pile of filets to boot!!

mlandrum

Thanks for the comments fellows-----Thinking about my buddy s that didn't make it this week end, kinda heart breaking thinking about the Establishment and the lack of concern for us Vets----Glad the GOOD LORD gave me a second chance!!! :flag:

pine nut

Thank you both and we're glad you two made it. I agree with you the veterans are getting the shaft right now, and I sincerely hope the next president will have our country's best interest in his heart! It is a travesty that the VA cannot be run by better people and give better service to our veterans. I believe it is one of many sins that will need explanations some day. Enjoy that fishing and eating! Those are some of the very best offerings from the water. I am envious!

Kawaliga

Gone but not forgotten
Preacher I see you go after fins as well as feathers. That plate of fixins looks fittin'.

Tenkiller

Thank you both for your service, we the people are forever in your debt.

Uptonongood

First, there's the part of both of you being veterans.
Then there's the part of serving in a combat theater of operations.
Then there's the part of both having been shot at.
Then there's the long term Spiritual connection/bond you share.

Can't see how you men could be any closer friends. Congrats!

Nice bunch of fish, too. Who's the cook and who's his assistant?

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Awesome story, thanks for sharing!! My hats off to you gentlemen. :cool:

Speaking for myself and many others who share my beliefs but will never see your posts here...we thank you for your service. I should be noted that the way a person shows his gratitude for what's been given to him is to use that gift, so because of you men and others like you from Vietnam to today's fighting men and women, each and every day of freedom should be cherished and not taken for granted.

Thank you......nice fish too!