Mobile App is long overdue

Garcia Mitchler

When this site was started with Woody (who my Dad knew as well as many others in the famous Falcon Hunting Club) the guys at GON as well as the founding members of Woodys Place were cutting edge. They were willing to embrace the internet when many of our fellow rednecks saw it as an entertaining distraction. Now we have thousands of registered members, yet the powers that be still haven't ported GON to work on mobile devices. I believe that's why we may have lost a good many to ODT. Me - I've been a member ever since I retired from the Coast Guard and moved home. I love this site and I trust advice I get on here more than any other site. I trust GON members on whatever the current marketplace we have more than ODT. Not putting ODT down - I've bought/sold guns and bows on both sites - but no one would argue we aren't a close knit bunch when compared to some mega-forums. My son is now a member, so we have second generation hunters and fishermen here. I don't want to loose that because this site isn't ported for mobile.
Yes, we have become nerd rednecks as we post from the deer stand, fishing banks, and our lounge chairs. We all now embrace this tech to the point most of us have smart phones more powerful than the Computors GON/Woody's Place was created on.
So please, GON peeps, port us so my 54 year old tired Coast Guard ops eyes can see post on my iPhone ��
I'm sure many of my shipmates here would agree.
Chief Hoynes, USCG (ret) sends
__
BT

Last edited:

BuckNasty83

Yeah, compared to every forum I've been on, this one is lacking in a lot of areas. When uploading pics, you shouldn't have to resize, it should do it automatically. Definitely needs a mobile version and a facelift. Some more interactions would be nice. Like a like button, or something similar. It don't mean people would talk less. It's a bit restricted by today's standards. I guess they think we're all slow, low-tech, rednecks and try to keep it simple lol?

brandon

Administrator
We're still working out a few kinks, but hopefully you guys will agree that we took a big step toward addressing your concerns today. The forum works much better on mobile, and the pic upload function works the way it should.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

georgia357

I'll have to try this.

whitetailfreak

We're still working out a few kinks, but hopefully you guys will agree that we took a big step toward addressing your concerns today. The forum works much better on mobile, and the pic upload function works the way it should.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Are you saying there is now a mobile app? I've looked but didn't see one.