Lake Lanier OWL Event

Whoever is going on the Outdoors Without Limits event tomorrow, April 28th, at Lake Lanier, good luck and I'll see ya there.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
I am on my second strike.
Last year, the event was held on a weekend I previously planned to be in Apalachicola.
This year my boat is still in the shop from my last saltwater trip. Bent prop shaft!
There's always next year!facepalm:
Looking forward ...

I am on my second strike.
Last year, the event was held on a weekend I previously planned to be in Apalachicola.
This year my boat is still in the shop from my last saltwater trip. Bent prop shaft!
There's always next year!facepalm:
Looking forward ...
Hopefully you'll have better luck soon.

cherokee charlie

Striper attack on lanier

I know I can hear you saying right now, "it's about time."
First off I want to thank OWL for putting on such a good
Saturday. I think everyone had fun. I know Jim and I did because for about an hour we caught some mighty big fish. I landed the biggest striper and it weighted 7.9 lbs. Boy those fish can sure put up a fight. I hooked a big one with a small rod and got it almost to the boat and it spit the lure out. Just my luck. Woe is me--if I didn't have bad luck I would have no luck at all.

Second I would like to say a big "THANK YOU" to our guides SMILEY AND (forgive me--I FORGOT YOUR NAME---HECK I'M OLD)for donating their time and boat for us to do some fishing. They did a fantastic job.

I hate that Jim had to be somewhere later on that day. I would sure liked to fish in the afternoon. Maybe next year.

As usual Tim and Amy did a tremendous job. I sure hope they stick around until I am gone. I promise you, Tim that I won't die while on a deer hunt or a fishing trip.

I sure was disappointed that I didn't get my well dun steak. I really had my pallet set on tasting that steak but the hamburgers and hot dogs were very good. I have a feeling that Tim stayed up all night cooking them. Oh, he didn't. Well, my complements to the chef who did.

Well, it's time to shut this thing down and go back to work. I have been too busy since the fishing trip. I really should just "go fishing".

Thanks to the boat owners and all the volunteer who make things like this possible.

I just remembered Shawn's name. It's Shawn, Shawn.
(sorry about that)

Last edited: