Vintage case trapper help....

rifleroom

Is there anyone on here who can replace a broken blade on a 1970 case trapper?

lagrangedave

Gone But Not Forgotten
Google Case repair and warranty....if it is defective they fix for free.....if normal wear they fix for a fee...

RedRyder

At one time Case had on there website a list of knifes they had spare parts for. Not sure it's still on there but you can email them and also ask.

R1150R

Case knife service

Is there anyone on here who can replace a broken blade on a 1970 case trapper?

The folks in Bradford, PA at the Zippo/Case factory are wonderfully "Old School" when it comes to customer service.
I have a Case pocket knife that I bought in 1971 and carried for many years.
At some point I dropped it and broke one of the scales.
We spend a couple of weeks every Summer at Allegany State Park which is just over the mountain from Bradford. While we're there we visit the Zippo/Case Museum in Bradford.
A couple of years ago I brought the broken knife with me. One of the staff was happy to accept it and handle relaying it to their repair dept.
A couple of weeks later it arrived in the mail with their compliments. It had been disassembled, cleaned, lubed, and new scales & pins installed.
I'm sure they'll help you out and I'll bet you'll be pleased.
Here's their contact info and a link to their service dept. website.
I'll also include a link to the Zippo/Case Museum. It's free and a great place to visit if you're in the area.

Mailing address:
W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Co.
PO Box 4000, 50 Owens Way
Bradford, PA 16701 USA

Phone: 1-800-523-6350
Fax: 814-368-1736

http://www.wrcase.com/support/contact/

https://www.zippo.com/pages/zippo-case-museums

Pop

I found an old case a few years ago while camping with the Scouts. Knife was in bad shape, spring broken and blade very loose. I sent the knife to Case and a few months later, after forgetting about it, I received a package and inside was the knife and it looked like it just came from the display. There was a note inside giving me the year that the knife was made and there was no charge.
Things could have changed in the past few years but I have found that Case is very customer friendly.