What is your average "sit" time in the stand????

H

HT2

Alright....

Let's hear it.....

What is your average time in the stand, until you start gittin' "figgity"????

For me.....

At about the 3.5 hour mark......I'm gettin' "figgity"..... :eek:

DaddyPaul

On the weekends about 3.5 hours, during the week maybe 2 hours. During the week I have to get to work in the AM and don't get off until 4:30 or 5 in the PM.

Kdog

Archery 4-5 hours

Firearm 6 hours

Rut 6-all dayif I am on a nice one.

Kdog

GeauxLSU

Whatever it is, it apparently ain't enough! :banginghe

For me it all depends on weather. I could sit there all day if the weather's bareable. If it's cold and my toes and fingers start to go, I'm not good for another 5 minutes after that point. :rolleyes:

I normally sit 3-4 hours. If I ever get a nice box stand made, I'd definitely stay all day.

Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

Bucky T

GONetwork Member
I really don't get very figity or however you spell that.

I do get sleepy sometimes. Ever since I started wearing a safety harness, I'll doze every now and then. Never more than 20 minutes. Those little power naps bring me back to life if I've sat for more than 4 hours.

Tommy

Hunting Teacher

When you live out of state and have a very limited amount of time in the woods it tends to make you want to stay in your stand the few opportunities you get. I typically sit from 5 hours to the whole long day.
Teach

Trizey

Depending on whether it's early season or late and whether or not the rut is on.

Early season(bow)- day break to probably no later than 11:00
Late season(firearms)- All depends on weather. The colder it is the longer I will stay. Unlike some ;)
Rut-All day if I'm seeing movement, don't really plan those days. I just go :D

Handgunner

Depends on a lot of things... How comfortable I am, how cold it is, what I'm seeing, etc...

If I'm seeing deer, I'll sit for as long as I can. If I'm not seeing anything, my mind starts doubting why I'm there..

On average though, 2.5-3.5 hours.

On a cold, overcast day, drizzling rain, no wind, during the rut, I'll sit there until I can't feel anything.

I LOVE those days!

Label Dawg

Just before daybreak until 11:30am....I've seen alot of bucks from the stand between the hours of 10:00 am - 11:15am

4:00pm until dark-thirty

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
If it is cold I can sit all day. If I am seeing deer I can sit all day.

Both of those dont seem to happen often enough:D

Jim

Label Dawg

Just before daybreak until 11:30am....I've seen alot of bucks from the stand between the hours of 10:00 am - 11:15am

4:00pm until dark-thirty

frankwright

In the early season when it gets hot early, I still sit at least four hours. As the weather cools and the deer movement picks up I will sit longer. Usually around six hours.

I have sat for twelve hours but I do better if I come out for an hour or two. I usually wait until about 1:00 PM, come out, eat a bite, maybe a 30 minute power nap and then usually back to an evening stand until dark. Sometimes I still hunt for an hour or two before finding an evening stand.

I usually just do what the mood tells me to do. If I get a real bad feeling that I am in a bad spot, I will stick it out till about 10 and then move.

Meriwether Mike

I probably average about 4 hours. I hunt till 1pm on good days during the rut and go back in early. I have seen a lot of deer between 10am to 11am.

My "figit" factor is much less controllable depending on the 'Noles and Bucs schedule. Will usually last 4-4 1/2 hours, but longer depending on activity.

Hawg

Banned
Bow..........4hrs. morning and evening
Muzzle-Rifle.........5-6hrs. in the morning
3-4 hrs. in the evening

Arrow Flinger

All I can say is until I am ready to get down. It might be 6 hours or 2 and I never know until I get down.