Any suggestions with the following

GPHC

I am located in the Upstate of SC and here is what I have purchased. If I should have more or less of something let me know. Also of this would any of it grow will in a partial sun area?

2-50lb of Rackmaster Fall
1-50lb Aust. Winter Peas
2-50lb Winter Rye Grazer
1-5lbs of Crimson Clover

How big of a plot should this cover? I have plowed a 12ft x 100ft.

What would you put down first, and I will just put cover the top with the clov

Kdog

I think you have enough seed to plant about 7 plots that size, probably more, but I put in on a little heavy.

Kdog

Mac

Agree with Kdog

With that much seed you better use a lot of fertilizer and hope for a bunch of rain.

i say make u more than one or make the one u have longer if possible i say in general 10 yds by 200yds long better chance to see a big buck they like long narrow food plots they feel comfortable
:cool:

gadeerwoman

You got so much seed you need to just pass a little along. I'll be up with the truck tomorrow to pick up the leftovers :bounce:

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
GPHC,

To give you a little better idea of what is typically recommended per acre when mixing several different items, I have listed the following for your review.

Wheat @ 25# per acre
Rye @ 25# per acre
Oats @ 25# per acre
all Clovers @ 10# per acre
All Peas @ 20# per acre

From my calculations you have plowed approximately 1/5th of an 1/8th acre.

If it were me I wouldn't plant any more than 5# each of the Rackmaster, Rye and peas on that plot and no more than about 2# of the clover.

The above rates would still be considered real heavy, though if you like nice thick plots you should be fine.

Good luck with it... :)

GPHC

Thanks for the info.

I planted two plots on Saturday the 2nd. then it rained on the 3rd what luck. I was by the club on the 6th and it was already coming up.

Can not wait until Monday (opening day).

One last comment. It is nice to know there are people out there that does not mind sharing/helping each other. I to will pass the knowledge on to someone else. That's how this tradition keeps going from generation to generation.

jman

I'll second the motion on this site. Great information. Several folks on here have helped me out alot. You folks have one of the best food plot forums I've found. Looks like we may actually get some rain here in Tennessee this weekend and I hope to get my last couple of food plots in by Monday.