allen brand broadhead question

Chase1994

I just bought a pack of allen brand Javelin broadheads.they're low profile,85 grain.they have 3 blades.was just wondering before i open them are they any good.I'll be using them for deer.

Attachments

• 100_0711.jpg
    100_0711.jpg
    381.1 KB · Views: 518
  • 100_0722.jpg
    100_0722.jpg
    384.6 KB · Views: 438

rastus270

They will kill a deer, but I would spend a little more money and get a more reputable broadhead. You will probably have some consistancy problems with point of impact and strange flight patterns. You should screw them on and see how they fly, if you dont like them then take them back, walmart will take anything back. GOOD LUCK THIS SEASON!

love to hunt

Those blades bend/break very easily I lost a deer my first year bow hunting with them, I was using 100gr. Having said that I'm sure they would work but I would spend a little more money and get a better broadhead

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
stay away!! stay away!!! I tried them last year and the just drop very bad ( not a tuning issue) the plain terrible. when you miiss a deer becouse a faulty equipment you will start spending more for quality.

if you spend money on hunting clothes, bows, guns, leases, trucks, gas, deerstands, flashlights, etc. then you will be more happy spending a little more cash on a good head. those walmart heads do alot of wounding. it says on the pack a 1 inch cut. you will be more happy with an inch and half or two inch cut. the deer will appreciate you spending a little extra as well.

Go buy some Muzzy's. I think they're still about $20 for a 3-pack. They're proven.

addictedtodeer

They do kill, i took a doe but two of the blades broke and the point bent.
I went and got Rage broadheads.

Bucknut

Ugghh , let me tell ya...Rage for me in the next day or two...I leave my bow leaning against my bookcase, and I think the dog may have bumped it and it fell a little to the side and bumped one arrow..

I took the arrow out and 2 of the 3 blades fell out of the broadhead...I have not even shot with these yet and they are falling apart..

As I said, off to dicks or Walmart to pick up a set of Rage..

No more $8.98 broadheads for me...

4x4

stay away!! stay away!!! I tried them last year and the just drop very bad ( not a tuning issue) the plain terrible. when you miiss a deer becouse a faulty equipment you will start spending more for quality.

So...your saying that the 2 deer I shot this year, instead of me missing, the deer jumped in front of my arrow with those cheap broadheads?
They work perfect to me. 2 shots, 2 kills and they both ran less than 50 yds.

91xjgawes

they will kill a deer, they just have the worst flight pattern... they do all kindsa tricks on the way to the target...

Doyle

If you wait a month or so, you'll find all the Muzzy's you want at Walmart marked down for clearance. Stock up for next year.

short stop

Allen heads are cheap -- will they kill a deer -- yep .
Just dont expect high end results , like all the blades to stay intact after a shot . The thin blades will crack and break after they get shot into a deer . Last deer I saw shot with one by freind , I found the arrow with no blades at all on the head at all .
I personally would never use them .

Chase1994

originally posted by Doyle

If you wait a month or so, you'll find all the Muzzy's you want at Walmart marked down for clearance. Stock up for next year.

Thats what i was going to do. I already took them back and got my money back to save up for next time.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
So...your saying that the 2 deer I shot this year, instead of me missing, the deer jumped in front of my arrow with those cheap broadheads?
They work perfect to me. 2 shots, 2 kills and they both ran less than 50 yds.

Well there are exceptions to every situation. I tried them last year and still have two of the three from last year i can shoot field point and other broadheads dead on out to 40 yards,then miss my target by several feet at 20 yards with the allen broadheads if, they work for you than that is great. Personally i will not use them for any hunting. I put to much time and money into archery than to gamble on a cheap broadhead.