GON Magazine | GON Classifieds

Go Back   Georgia Outdoor News Forum > Deer and Small Game Hunting and Trail Cams > Trail Cams


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-29-2017, 07:46 PM
kwarner's Avatar
kwarner kwarner is offline
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: South GA
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default Wireless Camera Batteries

I am running several wireless cams and ha e always used lithium batteries. Was wondering what everyone else has had success with?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-29-2017, 08:04 PM
GottaGetOutdoors GottaGetOutdoors is offline
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Athens
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

I recommend lithium to all my customers. If you don't want to go with lithium, then go with Duracell.
__________________
Certified Wildlife Biologist, Forester
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-29-2017, 08:41 PM
NantucketShedHunter's Avatar
NantucketShedHunter NantucketShedHunter is offline
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Nantucket, MA
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

I run a wireless camera and learned a long time ago to use an external battery.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-30-2017, 06:12 AM
GottaGetOutdoors GottaGetOutdoors is offline
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Athens
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NantucketShedHunter View Post
I run a wireless camera and learned a long time ago to use an external battery.
Ditto! I use the external battery on several cameras. Had the best luck with the 6v battery box/solar panel that sells for $39.95 at Cabela's. But I'm beginning to experiment with stacking two 6v batteries in parallel. Also bought the materials to attach a mini 12v with transformer to step it down to 6v.
__________________
Certified Wildlife Biologist, Forester
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-30-2017, 07:27 AM
Last Minute's Avatar
Last Minute Last Minute is offline
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Florida
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaGetOutdoors View Post
Also bought the materials to attach a mini 12v with transformer to step it down to 6v.
Thats what I did and it works great! I got the 12v to 6v step down from eBay for like $8 and hooked up a deep cycle battery...problem solved
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-30-2017, 10:03 AM
benelliBUCK's Avatar
benelliBUCK benelliBUCK is offline
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: at work in the woods or on the water west point lake
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Minute View Post
Thats what I did and it works great! I got the 12v to 6v step down from eBay for like $8 and hooked up a deep cycle battery...problem solved
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaGetOutdoors View Post
Ditto! I use the external battery on several cameras. Had the best luck with the 6v battery box/solar panel that sells for $39.95 at Cabela's. But I'm beginning to experiment with stacking two 6v batteries in parallel. Also bought the materials to attach a mini 12v with transformer to step it down to 6v.
any pictures of these set ups looking to do the same
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-30-2017, 01:41 PM
shdw633's Avatar
shdw633 shdw633 is offline
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: In the past
iTrader: (14) Check/Add Feedback
Default

I bought a solar panel for mine and it's going on 3 months with the batteries still being at 100%
__________________
I think it was a great man that once said, "It is better to have loved and lost, then to be told you can't go hunting"
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old Yesterday, 11:38 AM
titlewave's Avatar
titlewave titlewave is offline
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: roswell
iTrader: (28) Check/Add Feedback
Default

i use a car battery and it runs for over a year with no charge , i use a 12 volt to 6 volt converter Covert makes.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004 Georgia Outdoor News, Inc.Ad Management by RedTyger