mathews TRG 7

dbell80

I recntly swapped bottom spacers on my TRG 7 due to cam lean. I was getting left tear and this fixed it and lean is spot on. But now I noticed the top cable protector is about a business card thickness away from cable and some slight rub marks on the wheel. I didn't have time to put in my draw board before I left for work to see what it looked like at full draw. My question is can you just take the stinking things off? It's grouping great, it shoots bullet holes but just iritates me to think something is making contact. Thanks for help.

Kris87

If it were mine, I'd leave them on if its shooting consistently. Without having it in the draw board, you don't know if the marks are from the draw cycle or the shot. Could be the protector is hitting the cam during shot oscillation. If that's the case, I wouldn't worry with it.

dbell80

Thanks. That's kinda what I'm thinking. I'll be home soon and I'll stick on the draw board. It just looks to me like with out the sleeves there would be enough clearance that it would not touch. I am curious if anyone has removed them or if I should of left the spacers alone or a different fix.