Ants in Camera

kaddiddle

Went to pull cards yesterday and one of my Cameras is full of ants. Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions for getting them out?

FootLongDawg

Yes, it happened to me. Kill as many as you can see visually, but you will not get them all. Then soak a folded paper towel with ant killer and place in camera. Make sure you do not cover the camera eye. This should kill all of them and keep future infestations out for a while.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
I took mine apart , removed the circuit board and then sprayed everything else with 409. 3 years and not problem.
You can also spray and kill the ants around the tree for future use of the same tree.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
I took mine apart , removed the circuit board and then sprayed everything else with 409. 3 years and not problem.

You can also spray and kill the ants around the tree for future use of the same tree.

I had one camera that seemed to be more of a problem with ants on a frequent basis and I sprayed all over the ground and around the base of the tree as such. It stopped that problem within a week or two for sure. I haven't had any more problems during the past year or so with that one. It didn't affect the deer movement around the camera at all either.

WLhunter

Seems like every time i use an oak tree i get ants..a little vaseline around the seal and light sevin dust has worked for me over the years. So far never had ants get in one on a pine.

Killdee

Spray with permithrin, same stuff we use t keep ticks and chiggers off us.

PappyHoel

Red ants or different? There was a news report of ants from South America invading homes in Florida. The ants are attracted to electronics and will swarm a TV or set top box and fry it. It's apparently an invasive ant.