Need help from Lake Seminole gator hunters

rvick

Last October my dog was killed by a gator in a lake 1/2 mile from the northeast part of Seminole. We have not seen the gator that we think is 8-9 feet all year. We believe it has moved back to the big lake. Can anyone who takes a gator around Lake Seminole check its belly to see if my two collars are in it. One regular with my info and one GPS collar.

Possum

Banned
are you wanting the collar as a keepsake or as evidence? Wouldn't the gator have pooped it out by now?

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Randy, I have friends in the area, and I will pass the word to them to be on the lookout.

donald-f

are you wanting the collar as a keepsake or as evidence? Wouldn't the gator have pooped it out by now?

I think the dogs owner only wants to know the gator was sentenced and justice was served for the murder of the dog and keep the collars as a keepsake. LOL

rvick

The gator can't be blamed. There was no malice, just nature's way. If it had been a human that shot her I would want revenge. I would just like to know for certain if she was eaten and how big the gator was exactly. I don't know if the collars would pass or not. What I could learn from her death may help another dog in the future. She was a 12 year old, 38# dog but she did try to fight briefly.
Thanks for the help, Nick.

Last edited:

Dog Hunter

Last October my dog was killed by a gator in a lake 1/2 mile from the northeast part of Seminole. We have not seen the gator that we think is 8-9 feet all year. We believe it has moved back to the big lake. Can anyone who takes a gator around Lake Seminole check its belly to see if my two collars are in it. One regular with my info and one GPS collar.

What are you calling the NE part?

rvick

Up near Faceville around the end of Faceville Road.