Team #10 "10th legion"

gobble157

Im headed to AL for tomorrows opener. Hope to get this monkey off my back. South FL was a wash due to hunters shooting longbeards out of trees and just bumping them left and right. Fun times but I'm being hopeful and maybe I'll draw blood in the am :)

turkeyed

Im headed to AL for tomorrows opener. Hope to get this monkey off my back. South FL was a wash due to hunters shooting longbeards out of trees and just bumping them left and right. Fun times but I'm being hopeful and maybe I'll draw blood in the am :)

Good luck!

mtstephens18

good luck!!

mtstephens18

guys i think we need to enter all mature birds and hopefully have a few bonus points thrown in, to have a shot at this thing. i dont think we need to enter any jakes for sure. what do yall think? i know i wont shoot a jake anyway unless it gets to the end of the season and i havent killed anything. i can usually kill at least one or two birds but the places i hunt you just never know how they are gonna act from year to year...two years ago we couldnt fight the birds off with a stick but last year i had some trouble... i killed one opening day and never killed another one... i hunted several wma's and national forest and i could only get them fired up on my club.... that was the only place i could even get one to gobble.... so hopefully this year will be a good year.. im excited and going to scout some more this weekend

turkeyed

guys i think we need to enter all mature birds and hopefully have a few bonus points thrown in, to have a shot at this thing. i dont think we need to enter any jakes for sure. what do yall think? i know i wont shoot a jake anyway unless it gets to the end of the season and i havent killed anything. i can usually kill at least one or two birds but the places i hunt you just never know how they are gonna act from year to year...two years ago we couldnt fight the birds off with a stick but last year i had some trouble... i killed one opening day and never killed another one... i hunted several wma's and national forest and i could only get them fired up on my club.... that was the only place i could even get one to gobble.... so hopefully this year will be a good year.. im excited and going to scout some more this weekend

I agree completely. No jakes. I say enter mature birds and then we can worry later on about maube holding out for bonus points. Also posting pics here first should help to avoid andbody having birds DQ'd for any reason.

mtstephens18

I agree completely. No jakes. I say enter mature birds and then we can worry later on about maube holding out for bonus points. Also posting pics here first should help to avoid andbody having birds DQ'd for any reason.

absolutely agreed on the posting pics here first, eddie have you found me any birds ?me and dad are gonna hit up a wma tommorrow and im going to another one sunday

mtstephens18

well we went and listened this morning and got to hear 4 or 5 gobbling, that was the first ones of the year for me so that got my blood pumpin.. and i saw a big ole strutter yesterday right on wma boundary so he is huntable , i may go try him out

turkeyed

well we went and listened this morning and got to hear 4 or 5 gobbling, that was the first ones of the year for me so that got my blood pumpin.. and i saw a big ole strutter yesterday right on wma boundary so he is huntable , i may go try him out

I hope you save one for me.

turkeyed

Everybody except me hunting this weekend? I will not be able to hunt until Monday, but I will hunt until Thursday. Where will everyone be hunting at?

dobenator

Everybody except me hunting this weekend? I will not be able to hunt until Monday, but I will hunt until Thursday. Where will everyone be hunting at?

Ill be in Jenkins County with my grand son. Got alot of confidence in this place!!!

mtstephens18

may start off on private land, then later in the day i may go spend the rest of the day at a wma, i havent decided yet ... i just hope im not still sick saturday!!!! the pollen is horrible!!

turkeyed

dobenator,

It looks like you have plenty to choose from! Wow.

mtstephens18

holy moly the whole team could tag out in one day at your place dobenator!!
guys i really hope i get to hunt this weekend, im sick as a dog right now, i'll be hunting if at all possible, i have hunted sick a thousand times but hopefully im gonna get over it before this weekend

ts602

I'm going to hunt your spot. Me and Matt will be hunting together, should I let him shoot first? Or do you think we should flip a coin.:huh:

mtstephens18

I'm going to hunt your spot. Me and Matt will be hunting together, should I let him shoot first? Or do you think we should flip a coin.:huh:

um since you are planning on going where we talked about going i guess I WILL BE SHOOTING SINCE I SAW THE STRUTTER!!

mtstephens18

guys lets be sure to take lots of pictures and POST THEM HERE FIRST to ensure no DQ's, i mean we got the head honcho on our team so it would be RIDICULOUS to have a DQ!!!! everybody have fun and be safe!!!

mtstephens18

well we had a pretty good morning but it just didnt come together .... had a couple birds called in , never could see one of them and then had one come from our right side i couldnt see because of a laurel thicket, but my dad had the bead on his head, needed him to take two steps to get a shot, and he wouldnt, he turned and walked off back toward the main road gobbling. we were about to try another strategy when we hear a truck coming with loud pipes, bow up in the road right down below us and shoot out the window..... well we went to eat and then come back cause we heard 4 or 5 more gobbling and the guy had come back after we left..... pretty sure he had come back to collect his "trophy"....... that irritates me to no end, i do not see what anybody gets out of shooting a turkey from your truck window..... anyway, im gonna get after them again tommorrow ... good luck to everybody..... we got some catchin up to do !!!!