Team #10 "10th legion"

dobenator

Close

Had a GREAT day with my grandson. Had birds all over us but didnt get a shot. Felt honored to see a bearded hen. Had about 6or 8 inches!!!
After em again in the morning.

Attachments

• IMG_3831.jpg
    IMG_3831.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_3825.jpg
    IMG_3825.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 177
Hey yall

Hey yall this is blake, dobenaters grandson, we scored this mornin. Pictures coming soon. I definately think im hooked on turkey hunting!!

dobenator

First one Check before I post

Birds gobbled like crazy on the roost this morning, shut up when they hit the ground. Bout 10 oclock this morning this guy came in quiet as a mouse, saw my dekes and wanted to start a fight, he lost!!

7/8" spurs
exactly 10" beard

Let me know if the pics are right. Of course I wont post the graphic one!! Rage in the cage.

Attachments

• IMG_3846.jpg
    IMG_3846.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_3848.jpg
    IMG_3848.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_3832.jpg
    IMG_3832.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_3838.jpg
    IMG_3838.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_3855.jpg
    IMG_3855.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 161

turkeyed

Awesome job dobenator! Was Your grandson Blake with you? Pics look good.

dobenator

Awesome job dobenator! Was Your grandson Blake with you? Pics look good.

Yes He was!! got it all on video too!! Most awesome hunt Ive ever had because of him. He gets his chance next week.

mtstephens18

awesome dobenator!!! i wanna see the video !!...... well guys we just about had 5 more points, we called one in at about 5 oclock this evening and my buddy(an opposing team member) was gonna let me shoot the first bird today (which was very nice of him) well instead of coming in the way we both thought he would, he had other plans and came in above us on the ridge we were on so i had no shot and he had to take the shot or neither one of us would have got him.... awesome hunt though!! i will hopefully be after em some this week and definitely next weekend

turkeyed

I will be after them the next couple days. I hope to get us some points.

Gator8em

I was being greedy opening weekend. I had one dead rights but was waiting for the rest of buddies to get open so I could shoot the biggest and possible double. Ended up let'em get away. Season is young though and Im on plenty of birds.

turkeyed

Well guys I've been after it hard, the birds are justr not doing much. Heard 5 yesterday on the limb and nothing after they hit the ground. Have not heard a single peep today. Not sure whats going on. I will keep after it. Headed back out in a minute until dark.

Gator8em

I didnt hear a thing this morning either after, a weekend of hard gobbling. I guess they needed a break.

turkeyed

Well guys, I spent the last three days down at the club and I was skunked. The abosule worst opening week I've ever seen as far as gobbling goes. Over heard a couple birds in three days. Only heard 3 gobbles while birds were on the ground. Only birds that I got withinn gun range were 7 jakes just before lunch today. I will be back after it next week. Just gotta decide where to go.

mtstephens18

went for a quick hunt before work this morning to a spot we heard 3 or 4 gobbling last week, and i didnt hear a peep , so i'll be going somewhere else this weekend , i gotta help the father in law move some stuff saturday morning but im planning on hittin the woods as soon as i get done and then huntin all day sunday

turkeyed

Yall got a few found for this weekend? Anybody heard from David (Gobble157)? Maybe he is on a rode trip.

dobenator

tomorrow

Me and Blake are going back to the little food plot in the morning. Nobody has been in there and I know there are at least 3 more birds in that area. Hope to get another for me and a first for Blake!!! he will get the first shot !!!

dobenator

Good luck to the both of you. Bow or Gun?

I had my bow again , Blake had my shotgun. We were skunked bad!!!! Not a sound was heard nor a bird heard!!!

Im going solo tomorrow for a while.