Where is the best country/seafood buffet ?

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Im dead serious about this, so it goes in the OT forum.

For a big portion of my life Charlie Williams Pinecrest Lodge in Athens, Ga. was the all around best place to get a buffet meal of old time BBQ and stew, fried fish and seafood, vegetables, desserts, etc. Then they closed.

After that The Runway Fish House near Baldwin Ga became that place offering very near the same type menu in a buffet setting. Then they closed.

Is there such a place left in Ga. now ???

GoldDot40

Red Minnow in Elberton. Same original owners from the original Red Minnow that was in Carnesville that burned.

Swamp Guinea in Hartwell

The Redd House between Jefferson and Nicholson. They have seafood on Saturday nights if I remember right. It's buffet also.

Is Leatherwood in Toccoa still open??

How about Booty's Fish House in Royston???

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Red Minnow in Elberton. Same original owners from the original Red Minnow that was in Carnesville that burned.

Swamp Guinea in Hartwell

The Redd House between Jefferson and Nicholson. They have seafood on Saturday nights if I remember right. It's buffet also.

Is Leatherwood in Toccoa still open??

How about Booty's Fish House in Royston???

Thanks, I will check out the Red Minnow and Booty's, do they have BBQ and Stew??

The Redd House is a good buffet. I have eaten there many times. They have fish and veggies but no old time BBQ and stew.

Leatherwood has lots of greasy fish but again no BBQ and stew unless they have added it.

GA DAWG

When I was young and hunted in Monticello. We use to go to Franks seafood outside of Monticello back toward 75. I wonder if its still around?

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
When I was young and hunted in Monticello. We use to go to Franks seafood outside of Monticello back toward 75. I wonder if its still around?

Do you mean toward I-75 or some other road? Ga 83 is the road toward Forsyth.

GA DAWG

Well back that way. On 212 I think.

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
Thanks, I will check out the Red Minnow and Booty's, do they have BBQ and Stew??

The Redd House is a good buffet. I have eaten there many times. They have fish and veggies but no old time BBQ and stew.

Leatherwood has lots of greasy fish but again no BBQ and stew unless they have added it.

Booty's has stew but not BBQ. Ask the waitress to let you try the Dipped chicken.

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
Sending PM

skiff23

The best around is at Coleman's Lake down near Midville.It is right on the water and is awesome. As far as the Red Minnow and Booty's, i grew up on these and still live close but don't waste your time. Not good food to me anymore. Dye's in Thompson Ga is very good . We eat there about once amonth. I like seafood and will drive 2 hours about twice a year and eat at Coleman's Lake. It is by far the best now.

Thinkin relative to where you are. Booty's and then Vanna's for your fish and bbq respectively.

Down here in the AUG, we have Sportsman Corner and Angie's Steak and Seafood. I can't say bad or good for either, just that it's an option.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Gumlog in Lavonia is decent. I heard last night that they re-opened Catfish Corner in Banks County.

Gumlog is not buffet is it ??

What does the Catfish Corner place offer ??

Thinkin relative to where you are. Booty's and then Vanna's for your fish and bbq respectively.

Where is the Vanna's place you mention, what do they offer?

ditchdoc24

Frank's Restaurant is on Hwy 212 near Lake Jackson right at the Newton County line. They still have a pretty good buffet.

Buckner's over in south Butts County is good. I think it's off I-75 somewhere.

Slingblade

Gone But Not Forgotten
Milkman said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by CC Rider

Gumlog in Lavonia is decent. I heard last night that they re-opened Catfish Corner in Banks County.

Gumlog is not buffet is it ??

What does the Catfish Corner place offer ??

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Parker

Where is the Vanna's place you mention, what do they offer?

I believe he is talking about Vanna BBQ, about 3 miles south of Royston on Hwy 17

Posted from Gon.com App for Android

GoldDot40

Catfish Corner used to be some pretty good eat'n. I grew up in Commerce and we used to eat there every other Sunday it seemed. Hopefully the new people will be as good. Used to be another one called The Porter House between Jefferson and Maysville that was excellent. Think its been closed for several years now.

Mike 65

Buckners is off I-75 at the highway 36 exit, can't remember the exit number. Good food but no seafood. One of them places that keep bringing bowls of food to your table as long as you keep eating. Got some of the best fried chicken, sat night they have BBQ and stew. Good country cooking.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for everyone's input so far. :cool:

Some of the suggested places don't seem to exist anymore or perhaps Google cant find them or a phone number.:huh:

From what I have read here I have 3 places in reasonable driving distance of where I live or places I visit occasionally that have potential.

I hope to check out

Booty's ( thanks for the PM with your buffet menu Flash)

Red Minnow

Buckner's

Yeah Vanna Country BBQ is south of Royston on 17... Only open on the weekends I believe, but they've been in business a minute and should still be operating. It's a red barn lookin deal beside a Fina Station i think.

win280

Fishermans catch on 78 between Stone Mountain an Snellville has AYCE crablegs/shrimp on Thursdays for $25 or $26.00
Can also order AYCE shrimp,fried or boiled for $13.00