New NASCAR Championship Points System?

How do you like the current NASCAR Championship Points System?

• It's great! With 15 or so drivers in the mix NASCAR Rules!

Votes: 17 56.7%
  • I don't like it! It wasn't broke! Why try to fix it?

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • This year's excitement may just be a fluke. Let's keep an eye on it for 3 years.

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Who cares? It's Football Season!

Votes: 5 16.7%

• Total voters

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
Back at the start of the season, many of y'all were fussin' 'bout the new points system.

With things just about as tight and hot as they can get headin' into the shootout at Richmond Saturday night, the question must be asked:

How do you like it now!!!

RCCola

I still have mixed feelings about the system. At first, I was totally against it.

Now, with one race to get in the top 10 or within 400 points, it does add a lot of excitement.

Go #6 & #18.

RC

Swamprat

Swamprat
i think the new system sucks, it penalizes a driver or drivers who have been consistent all year and have been in the top 1-3 in points.

it also penalizes guys who might have been 11th or so back and have a chance to gain points and make it in the top ten by years end and get a chance to go to the stage at the banquet

if you have lead most of the year in points then at the first race of the 10 race end you have a bad race you will be last in the new system, you will lose 9 spots versus maybe 1-2 in the old system. you then have 9 races competing with 9 other drivers and 33 other guys running around burning gas to make up the margin to put you back in first

Woody's Janitor

I sort of like it because it will mean less sandbagging.
I still wish only that the top 12 cars would be the only ones to earn points. It would keep the junk cars of the track that usually drops debris all over the place.

L

loouuii

What happens to the guy that is in 11-15 that fails to make the cut but wins 3 or 4 out of the last 10 while someone in the top 10 has a couple of DNF? ::huh:

L

loouuii

Keith Murray said:
Well, being a Jimmie Johnson fan, I have a lot reasons to be against it right now! But I do like it a lot more than I did at the beginning of the season. Tonight is going to be an exciting race!

That hat would look 100% better if you took that 4 off and dyed the 8 red..... :D

H

HT2

New System.....

I didn't like it before the season started, and I "REALLY" don't like it now........

It's not an attempt to try and make the "SYSTEM" better.........

It's nothin' more than gettin' the "MEDIA" hypin' it up...........

I HATES IT!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad:

deerslayer1988

I Like it better now that #6 got in but I still think it was better left alone in some ways but who know's maybe it will make for some interesting racing the rest of the year.
GO #6

short stop

JIMMIE WHO ? My children will pray for you Keith,I hope you will get ta feeling better when its all over.

riprap

Awe look, somebody felt left out so they brought up some old threads too.facepalm:

biggdogg

The points system is about the only thing NASCAR has changed for the better in the last decade. Now if they would just bring back the short tracks and cut out about 2/3 of the 1 1/2-2 mile cookie cutter tracks and let the crew chief/driver have some grey areas back to tinker with the cars...

A driver hasn't won a race in years. The engineers back at the shop should be cashing the big pay checks...