sportsman's channel has been dropped by verizon fios tv

old florida gator

Time to raise a stink about this arbitrary , move by Verizon Fios with no prior notice my favorite station has been dropped from my tv list. I called Verizon and they only could say was not enough people watch according to their survey , ha what a bunch of whooey. I urge all hunters and fishermen to call Verizon and protest this move. It sure smells like another attempt by corporate America to out law legal hunting and fishing.

snookdoctor

It's all about ratings.
And they are probably right about the number of viewers.
Lots of folks stopped watching outdoor programming as the marketing aspect overtook the content of the programs.

Gumpbuck

So when did this happen? I swear I was just watching that channel this past weekend...

six

It's all about ratings.
Lots of folks stopped watching outdoor programming as the marketing aspect overtook the content of the programs.
Yep. Some are like a 30 minute commercial. I hate that they took it off though for those who still watched it.

Last edited:

Uptonongood

It's all about ratings.

You got that right.

nickel back

It's all about ratings.

yep

also I could care less, I think all hunting/fishing shows on tv suck anyways:huh:

Gumpbuck

I still like them. Besides, without them, my wife will have me watching the food network or "Say yes to the Dress"....

gahunter12

More than likely it is due to the amount of viewers. I work in the Telecom/video industry. The channel companies sell their respected channel(s) to the broadcasters based on viewership. The larger the customer base the better the contract with them. Companies like Direct TV, and Dish get better pricing than companies like Verison, and AT&T. Now that at&t has purchased Direct TV they are getting a lot better pricing on channels, and more channels to boot. I read an article stating AT&T was saving millions on channel contracts now that they own Direct TV. It's all a money game.

PappyHoel

I can watch commercials anywhere