My new long range popgun.

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
Was delivered to me yesterday.

It was built by Kevin Rayhill at Stockade Gun Stocks. http://www.stockadegunstocks.com/

I had Brux Barrels send a 6mm barrel blank directly to Kevin. At the same time I sent my Coplan hard rifle case with a Savage Target action with the left load port and right eject bolt with the target accu-trigger. :)

I had Kevin turn the contour, bore the chamber for .271 no neck turn 6mm Norma BR. so I can touch the lands with 107 gr. Berger & smaller to maybe 80 gr(?). He also threaded it and cut it to 26" and crown the end. I asked him not to blueprint the action to save a few nickels. Then he assembled everything into one of his Prairie Dog Special/Tactical stocks that he put a third pillar and glass bedded it for me. I asked him not to finish and paint the stock so I could save some more nickels. (Looks like very little filling and sanding). I had him add the rail under the forearm so the bipod could be adjustable. I also had the adjustable cheek piece added along with a flush mounted swivel stud added under the butt stock so it would slide on the rear bag better.

When I talked to him before he sent it he told me that he shot 7 rounds using Varget and Berger 105 gr. Match VLDs at 100 yards. First two shots to get on the bullseye and then 5 shots for group size. This was never fired Lapua brass. He said I have a "HUMMER". The group measured .084". WOW!! :shoot::shoot::shoot:

To say the very least I am very excited.

I bought 4 cans of spray paint and will take before, during and after finished pictures of it and post them here for all to see.

"Aim small miss small", :D

gt40

PS: If I had gotten the action from him I would have saved more nickels too.
Total $1443.00 including shipping.

Attachments

• savage tactical.jpg
    savage tactical.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 7,902
  • prep 1.JPG
    prep 1.JPG
    159.2 KB · Views: 7,729
  • prep 2.JPG
    prep 2.JPG
    158.5 KB · Views: 7,753
  • prep 4.JPG
    prep 4.JPG
    155.7 KB · Views: 7,694
  • prep 5.JPG
    prep 5.JPG
    240.6 KB · Views: 7,745
  • prep 6.JPG
    prep 6.JPG
    262.5 KB · Views: 7,722
  • prep 7.JPG
    prep 7.JPG
    217.6 KB · Views: 7,661
  • prep 8.JPG
    prep 8.JPG
    165.7 KB · Views: 7,621
  • paint netting.JPG
    paint netting.JPG
    457.5 KB · Views: 4,422
Last edited:

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
For the time being I have a Bushnell Elite 4200 8-32x40mm with Mil-dot reticule and will mount it with Burris Signature Zee rings with inserts to tilt the scope so I have enough elevation for 600 and 1,000 yards. I will also put a bubble level on it.

gt40

georgiaboy

Very nice. Is this for F class? I like the adjustable cheek piece, do you have to inlet it to allow for bolt clearance?

Where is the 3rd pillar located? I know the first two are the action screws or do you have 2 piece bottom metal where the rear screw and 2 front are bedded?

I like the "grab" area on the rear of the stock for your non-firing hand and its nice and flat for a rear bag aft.

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
Very nice. Is this for F class? I like the adjustable cheek piece, do you have to inlet it to allow for bolt clearance?

Where is the 3rd pillar located? I know the first two are the action screws or do you have 2 piece bottom metal where the rear screw and 2 front are bedded?

I like the "grab" area on the rear of the stock for your non-firing hand and its nice and flat for a rear bag aft.

No inletting necessary on adjustable cheek for bolt. The bolt can be removed no matter how high it is.

It is for anything I can shoot in. Hopefully benchrest & long range.

Read what I wrote above carefully and most of your questions will be answered. The build was done by Kevin Rayhill.

"Aim small miss small", :)

gt40

Last edited:

georgiaboy

I still don't get the third pillar but it doesn't matter. Very nice outfit. 6mm BRs are cool, very accurate and little recoil.

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
I still don't get the third pillar but it doesn't matter. Very nice outfit. 6mm BRs are cool, very accurate and little recoil.

Here is a picture of the action where you can see the 3 action screws.

gt40

Attachments

• target action.jpg
    target action.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 7,700

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
Started working on the stock today. New pictures at the top.

Note the spongy ear plugs to plug up the holes. They work great.

gt40

Last edited:

nhancedsvt

Banned
looks good. let us know how she shoots!

Gentleman4561

Is their something written on the stock in the first picture?

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
Is their something written on the stock in the first picture?

Yes. My name, what action and the extra options I ordered on the stock. I ordered it unfinished so I could save some $$ by me filling, sanding and painting it myself. Pretty easy to do. :clap:

gt40

Last edited:

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
Put it back together. :clap::clap::clap:

gt40

PS: My new scope. 10-40x50mm.

Attachments

• primer 1.JPG
    primer 1.JPG
    163.9 KB · Views: 7,321
  • primer 2.JPG
    primer 2.JPG
    167.2 KB · Views: 7,285
  • 10-40x50 3.jpg
    10-40x50 3.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 6,431
  • popgun.jpg
    popgun.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 5,968
Last edited:

GA HOYT

if you dont mind me asking
how much $$$ did that cost?

i was thining on getting a 1000yd rifle made and wanted to know how much it costs!!

Jason280

The LRPV is an awesome action, I have one in left port/right bolt that is very accurate. Mine is in .223, and has done sub 1/2" groups with factory ammo.

Elkbane

GT,
Nice stick. I have 3 Savages built upInteresting that Kevin bedded that much of the barrel. Most I've ever bedded was about the first 2" after the barrel nut on my heavy barrel Savages.

Where do you shoot?
Elkbane