Proper way to find out who owns what land??

wmflyfisher

I have a pretty good section of land behind my house that I KNOW has deer. How can I find out who owns all the land behind my house and contact them??? Any help would be great.

BRYAN T

Here is the link.

http://www.qpublic.net/clarke/

Click on "search records" on the left hand side.

Click "Yes, I accept the above statement."

Click "search by owner name"

Enter the owner name of the property you live on.

Select the correct parcel number on the left.

One the right hand side, click "show parcel map".

You should see your parcel. Click on "get info" on the left side. You can also check "aerial photo" on the left.

Select the parcel you want to know the owner of. The info you want will refresh on the right side of the screen. You can click on the parcel number to get all the info.

wmflyfisher

Excellent. Just found it but it says the land is owned by a company, not an individual. There is a very small organic farm on some of the land. The rest is woods. Guess I'll just go have to talk to someone. Thanks a lot for the help guys. That's pretty interesting.

J-son30223

If you trespass......they will come.

Oh I forgot to put this in my original reply....

You are suppose to say it like the "Field of Dreams" movie...."If you build it...he will come".

LOL....

anyduckado

Use your countys GIS mapping. You can search your name then click the property behind yours to see who the owners are.

BowanaLee

Does Dekalb have the map to choose parcels from, I don't see it ? Sure would make it easier. Woodlots don't have a mail box to get a street number or name off of. I cant find parcel numbers with out a map. Thats the way I did it at their office. So far I've been getting street numbers nearby and going off that map. It don't always show a neighboring property's address though.

snookdoctor

Not all counties have progressed in technology to the point of using parcel maps. You would think that Dekalb would have maps.

Meriwether Mike

Many properties are held in LLCs due to landowner liability issues. They still may be individually owned.

ted_BSR

Does Dekalb have the map to choose parcels from, I don't see it ? Sure would make it easier. Woodlots don't have a mail box to get a street number or name off of. I cant find parcel numbers with out a map. Thats the way I did it at their office. So far I've been getting street numbers nearby and going off that map. It don't always show a neighboring property's address though.

Google "Dekalb County, GA GIS" or "Dekalb County, GA Tax maps"

hoochfisher

Banned
search your county's tax map online.