Is this what i think it is?

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
I put a trailcam on a local swamp hole for some pics of something besides hogs. Anyway, there is a resident 9-10 foot gator and i believe i got a pic of him with a woody drake in his mouth. You can see another duck flying off in the background.
Do y'all think i'm right?

Attachments

• MFDC0097.JPG
    MFDC0097.JPG
    114.2 KB · Views: 1,977
  • gator duck.jpg
    gator duck.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 1,974

T-N-T

Bamer, I believe you ARE right!
Awesome!

six

From experience, and using the duck for comparison, that's not the head nose or mouth of a 9-10 foot gator. I think what your seeing as the mouth of a gator is actually water splash from the duck taking flight or landing in the water. The black you see at top of what your seeing as the gators nose/mouth is the ducks wings with the water splash under it.

Last edited:

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
I believe Six is correct. The chest of the Woody is lifted high just as they do in take off. I agree that is the wing lifting drawing up water with it upon takeoff.

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
aww, man.
I guess knowing the gator is around there had me leaning toward a gator. The more i look at it and zooming further in, the more i think its just a furled wing with water splash.
My bad.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
aww, man.
I guess knowing the gator is around there had me leaning toward a gator. The more i look at it and zooming further in, the more i think its just a furled wing with water splash.
My bad.

Nice pics. Never know what happens there.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Robert,

You've got a nice photo here with beautiful scenery. After looking at it closer, I also agree with "six" as after you zoom in, you realize that it is not a gator but the actual swirl and lifting of the wings as such BUT if you let your mind wander, it could be easy to "see that gator about to enjoy a nice lunch too". Just by knowing that a gator of that size is in the vicinity, it would surely fit the thought process initially though.

Nice capture.

N

NantucketShedHunter

The first duck has the same water swirl pattern as the second duck as it's taking flight.