Personal experiences

1gr8bldr

Dang, I typed for 30 minutes.... and hit the wrong button and lost it. Oh well

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
Born and raised Southern Baptist. Had a lot of family instability growing up, parents divorced when my brother and I were very young. I then watched my brother die in a freak accident, I was 7 he was 9. Felt the call to accept at age 11. Daddy raised me with the help of his parents, did a decent job considering, momma went through several more divorces. I can't see suffering and death of people as their only lot.
Guess church and God was and is a constant stability for me. Don't care for religiosity, can't make sense of the Big Bang. I see to much complexity to not believe in God. Got a great wife and kids, that love church and it's arguably a good place for us to be.
As an individual and as a firefighter I have experienced Hades on earth. If there is a minute chance that it's real, I wanna do all I can to not be there ever again.
Kind of scattered, but there it is.

jmharris23

I forgot to mention my upbringing was southern baptist. Which means if I did believe, I would smile at you and say,"well bless your heart." Do you people believe in jeee-sus?

Come on now .....they're not all that way.

drippin' rock

Come on now .....they're not all that way.

Yeah, I know. So do the rest of these guys. It is a generalization. I did know many people like that, however. I also knew some great folks. Church life was safe. I don't regret being raised the way I was. I just came to realize that what I was missing was belief. I just don't believe. And I'm ok with that.

big lazer

Started doubting about age 12 when the preacher could not tell me where the water from Noah's flood went. Walked away completely about age 20 when I realized that believing in Santa and the Easter Bunny had been more productive than believing in Jesus.