Chili

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Just commenced a slow simmer. The championship blend.

Attachments

• newchili.jpg
    newchili.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 379

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Looks great Nic. How long do you normally cook it?

A minimum of 4 hours. It`s at its best if you simmer for around 8 or 9 hours, cool it down and refrigerate it overnight, then simmer it again for an hour or two. Then it`s even better.

karen936

Head Researcher, McDurdellson Enterprises, Inc.
looks great

Redbow

Looks delicious, nothing I like better than good ole chili..

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
A minimum of 4 hours. It`s at its best if you simmer for around 8 or 9 hours, cool it down and refrigerate it overnight, then simmer it again for an hour or two. Then it`s even better.

Yep, same thing when I make New Orleans style red beans and rice, always better the next day after refrigeration.

Although, we never can resist a couple bowls hot right out of the pot.

Cmp1

BANNED

Looks good,,,, gives the flavors a chance to meld together,,,, the wifes chili is allways better the next day,,,,

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Looks great as always, Nic!:cool:

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
I've made that chili recipe several times, excellent.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
All looks good Nic. Did you use them awsome peppers yesterday to put in that?MMmmmm good for shure

PF

I did. I had two more of those big poblano peppers that got charred up good and went into the pot. It was right good.

naildrvr

I could've used a bowl or two after working outside all day. I settled for a ribeye and vegetables.

Northwestretriever

Looks yummy