The Passing of Roger Boykin; a Wonderful Man and a Good Friend

Blueridge

I spent a lot of time sitting and talking with Roger at our shoots before he became ill and afterwards. We talked about many things from bows to guns, hunting and our belief in God. Roger always had a good time cutting down Black Widow bows to see my reaction then he would just smile and laugh. I called Roger a couple of months ago to see how he was and really just to tell him how I felt. I told him one of the hi lights of coming to our shoots for me was sitting and chewing the fat with him . God made a good one in Roger, he will be missed but we will see him again one day.
I bought Roger's DAS bow just before I left the country. I will keep this bow for as long as I am able to pull a string and every time I shoot this one I will have fond memories of my buddy Roger B.

SELFBOW

I spent a lot of time sitting and talking with Roger at our shoots before he became ill and afterwards. We talked about many things from bows to guns, hunting and our belief in God. Roger always had a good time cutting down Black Widow bows to see my reaction then he would just smile and laugh. I called Roger a couple of months ago to see how he was and really just to tell him how I felt. I told him one of the hi lights of coming to our shoots for me was sitting and chewing the fat with him . God made a good one in Roger, he will be missed but we will see him again one day.
I bought Roger's DAS bow just before I left the country. I will keep this bow for as long as I am able to pull a string and every time I shoot this one I will have fond memories of my buddy Roger B.

I gave Roger a vintage Black widow left hander years ago.

I went rabbit hunting yesterday and thought of him the whole time. Had a goal of a head shot in his memory but didn't get any shots.

stick-n-string

I am at a lost of words!! I haven't logged in here in a long time and this is the last thing I wanted to see!
I met Roger back in 09 (The 1st pic Tomi posted) and we had a good time! I had the pleasure of shooting with Roger a many of times and stalked a few hogs with him as well!
He was a spunky old joker and loved to joke around.
As a forestry student there was several times I had to call Roger for help, in which he was delighted!
I will definetly miss Roger and disappointed that I am just finding this out and missed his funeral.

Blueridge

I gave Roger a vintage Black widow left hander years ago.

I went rabbit hunting yesterday and thought of him the whole time. Had a goal of a head shot in his memory but didn't get any shots.

I got that one from him too , a couple of years ago.

TNGIRL

Stan, I found some pictures with Roger for you.... :love:

Attachments

• roger24.jpg
    roger24.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 392
  • roger31.jpg
    roger31.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 390
  • roger44.jpg
    roger44.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 387

TNGIRL

My all time favorite pictures were these two.....It was Roger's birthday and I picked up a cake for him....the lady behind the counter almost refused to pipe in what I wanted on the cake!!!! He loved it!!!
Always enjoying a laugh and a joke, even at his expense....but not for real long!!!!! If he didn't like it after awhile, he'd puff out his lower lip at you and walk off! I can't remember getting him mad on purpose ever! But his humor and friendship was valued highly!!:love:

Attachments

• roger42.jpg
    roger42.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 381
  • roger27.jpg
    roger27.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 396

ChrisSpikes

Man, I need to be whipped for not getting on here more often. I didn't know about Roger, and I sure hate to hear it. He was a fine fellow.