Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Really good country eatin right there!!!!!!! :clap:

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Heck yea

Lukikus2

Oh yeah. Been a looooong time since someone posted a pic of some good ol cast iron cornbread in a different shape. Love me some cornbread corn ears.

Dr. Strangelove

Oh yeah. Been a looooong time since someone posted a pic of some good ol cast iron cornbread in a different shape. Love me some cornbread corn ears.

That's what I was fixin' to say!

pine floor

Cmp1, they usually go by the name cow peas. They are a little unique, with a ton of flavor and make a kinda gravy when simmered for a long time.

Mississippi use to grow most of all cow pea seed.

Lots to choose from.

These were Mississippi Mud peas..

PF

Cmp1

BANNED
Cmp1, they usually go by the name cow peas. They are a little unique, with a ton of flavor and make a kinda gravy when simmered for a long time.

Mississippi use to grow most of all cow pea seed.

Lots to choose from.

These were Mississippi Mud peas..

PF

Thanks buddy,,,, I've heard of cow peas,,,, never tried them though,,,, you guys talking about peas and cornbread has gotten me hungry for collard greens,,,, best I ever had was at a tiny mom and pop diner in Englehard NC,,,,

little rascal

Peas

That looks too good! I love Crowders, and Purple Hull, and Field peas. Heck I like all peas and beans.
Have ya'll ever heard of or had Rattlesnake Beans?
My Uncle grows them and they look like green beans, but whatever they are,,,,,they are some kind of good!

pine floor

Rascal, them are snap beans, green beans if you know what I mean. We put alot of them in the jar also. We also can our taters, just planted some a few weeks ago.

Hope for a great garden this year.

PF

Artfuldodger

Interesting subject, all these peas. I grew up eating White Acre Peas. I'm sure I've had many others as well as the most common Black eye pea.
Recently ate some Lady Cream peas that were pretty good.

Here is something I ran across;
Beginning with the most delicate and winding up with the most intense;
CREAM or LADY PEAS
PINKEYE PURPLE HULL TYPES
BLACKEYE TYPE
CROWDER TYPE; They seem to be the most love-it or leave-it of the Southern legumes -- and a strong regional favorite".

Lady Cream Peas are just another variety of the southern pea - in the same family as those more familiar, black-eyed peas, crowder peas, field peas and purple hull peas, to name a few... though there are literally dozens of varieties of them in each of those categories. Some varieties such as Mississippi Cream, White Acre and Floricream, fall into a cream group called conch, while Lady Cream, Royal Cream, and Zipper Cream are found in a group called cream crowders.

Read more: http://www.deepsouthdish.com/2012/05/southern-style-lady-cream-peas.html#ixzz4bdd0QmX7
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives
Follow us: @DeepSouthDish on Twitter | SouthernRecipes on Facebook

little rascal

Rattlesnake beans

[QUOTERascal, them are snap beans, green beans if you know what I mean. We put alot of them in the jar also. We also can our taters, just planted some a few weeks ago.][/QUOTE]

I buy snaps a lot. Rattlesnake are supposedly a variation of pole beans.
Greenish with red splotches, like I said dunno what they are scientifically but they are awesome good.

Cmp1

BANNED
Interesting subject, all these peas. I grew up eating White Acre Peas. I'm sure I've had many others as well as the most common Black eye pea.
Recently ate some Lady Cream peas that were pretty good.

Here is something I ran across;
Beginning with the most delicate and winding up with the most intense;
CREAM or LADY PEAS
PINKEYE PURPLE HULL TYPES
BLACKEYE TYPE
CROWDER TYPE; They seem to be the most love-it or leave-it of the Southern legumes -- and a strong regional favorite".

Lady Cream Peas are just another variety of the southern pea - in the same family as those more familiar, black-eyed peas, crowder peas, field peas and purple hull peas, to name a few... though there are literally dozens of varieties of them in each of those categories. Some varieties such as Mississippi Cream, White Acre and Floricream, fall into a cream group called conch, while Lady Cream, Royal Cream, and Zipper Cream are found in a group called cream crowders.

Read more: http://www.deepsouthdish.com/2012/05/southern-style-lady-cream-peas.html#ixzz4bdd0QmX7
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives
Follow us: @DeepSouthDish on Twitter | SouthernRecipes on Facebook

Good information there,,,,