Mock scrape?

hoythunter1861

What's everybody's go to for making a mock scrape? really wanting to try to use them a bit more this year

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
I bring a small metal rake with me and rake the dirt about 2 feet around then relieve myself in that spot. I do this under an ever green oak branch which is about 5 feet above the ground. It has always worked for me.

gt40

PS: You can also use something like this to start it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 4.47.00 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 4.47.00 AM.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 537

Kris87

I make a scrape where there was one from the previous season. All it really needs is a good licking branch. I have one under an Oak and one under some privet. I get it started with Paul Pollick's pre-orbital, and pour a little Killdee brew in the dirt. I don't think the pee is needed, but it helps IMO. I had great success the last two seasons.

Jim Boyd

Killdee brew (when I remember to make it) or I just urinate in it.

Many times, it is both....

Success rates - when placed where I know there was a scrape the year previous - about 90%.

When I create a new scrape, I would estimate that the success rate probably drops to about 50-70%.

Rare is the time I hunt them but I love the pics and videos!

Good luck!

marknga

GONetwork Member
It works. Heck pine or oak ...
As stated real good success in a scrape from the previous year.

Good luck.

hoythunter1861

I've got a new lease this year so will be the first time hunting it, so don't know where the old scrape sites are haha. But I'm just gonna want to know what's around there while experimenting. Northern zone, so coming off corn for cam sites is why (though will have cams set over the food plots we're planting as well).

Is the Killdee brew that thing I've seen posted around about apple puree, ammonia, and personal sauce?

I've got a new lease this year so will be the first time hunting it, so don't know where the old scrape sites are haha. But I'm just gonna want to know what's around there while experimenting. Northern zone, so coming off corn for cam sites is why (though will have cams set over the food plots we're planting as well).

Is the Killdee brew that thing I've seen posted around about apple puree, ammonia, and personal sauce?

Yep that's the one

sweatequity

It works

I cut up a few apples and use 20oz Gatorade bottles. I pee in them for about a week. Add a little Harmon's on the scrape and spray the licking branch.

I also create a few rubs within that same 10-15 feet.

I would say the 5-6 I made last year had 100% success rates.

I also keep an extra bottle in my backpack to add to existing scrapes.

Big7

The Oracle
This is what you need.

Been using it since it came out.

More dead deer on that than Carter's Liver pills.

Been hunting for a while. ;)

Attachments

• th.jpg
    th.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 323

BowanaLee

Any deer urine based scent will work but I use what I have around. After a while the deer will take it over and deposit their own scent.
I have one under almost every stand with a camera. I re freshen it when I hunt there and check the card in the tree. Deer and many other critters use them rear round.