Do you have bear?? What county?

badcompany

GONetwork Member/Father of 2 seeds
I know..I have plenty of them in Dawson county on a couple of my clubs..I cant keep a stinking coon feeder out for them..I think they should up the limit:D

Definately need to up the limit. We use to enjoy deer hunting up at my dad's place in Ellijay. I never saw a beer growing up. Now the bear are everywhere and you can't find a deer. Bet its been 3-5 years since I have taken a deer up there. He dont even see them in his garden anymore(deer). See plenty of bears in it.

xhunterx

a lot of the northern counties have an open season on bears now where there aren't that many bears. I asked a dnr guy about it last year. the idea i get is that they know the bear population is exploding in certain areas and they know the bear will expand out, the younger males have to find their own territory. it seems as if opening up some of the other counties will help to control the population before it gets too crowded. especially counties like catoosa, whitfield, gordon, etc where they are some pretty urban areas. a bear with a couple of cubs were seen near an elementarty school a couple of years ago in ringgold and the whole school and area went on lockdown. so if your out deer hunting and see a bear roaming thru its legal to take him. but its not really feasible to plan a "bear hunting trip" to some of these counties just because they're open for bear.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
We have a couple here in the Smokies. :)