9/12/2009 - Woody's 1st Bear Hunt Bow Opener

j_seph

Ron Congrats on the experience, and everything that you seen and done while you were there. I can't get over how so many folks on here like to ridicule other folks when they have never had the experience themselves. Kudoos to you for maning up to your mistake. I honestly do not know if I could have, I even mentioned this to Dana when we were talking about this on Monday.
Congrats again and you are for sure a better man than I and your honesty does not go un-noticed to the real sportsman on here. Thanks for the story

N

newmoon

Ron I knew you were a GOOD man when I met you You did what 90 percent would have never done most would have hid that bear or sliped it home, no telling how many times it happens every year. I know this dosent count for much but you have my resecpt and this will all work out right down the road and GOD will bless you because you did the right thing, I am proud to know you. newmoon

Marlin_444

Thanks All, but this is not about me; it is about the Outdoor Lifestyle that we have all choosen. God knows my heart, I am a weak mere mortal; a sinner yet forgiven for the errors of my ways. Although he gave man dominion over the beasts of the field, man's laws must be obeyed and I must “Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar’s, and unto God the things that are God’s”...

This link is the verdict...

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=410961

God Bless!

Ron

ddd-shooter

I agree 100% with Dana.
If the sow has ran the cubs off, they should be fair game, especially in the mountains where they are overpopulated.
Bears are VERY hard to judge in the mountains-we are not talking about sitting over a barrel of donuts with something to give relative size.

Congrats, and sorry for the fines...

Nitram4891

Flop Thief
Are there plans for a Woody's 1st bear hunt gun opener?