FT Gordon 25 Aug 13 BowHunter shoot

dgmeadows

Are the lanes/trails clean and dry...or do we need water boots/snake boots.....

Soil is pretty sandy at the Fort, so unless it rains buckets the day before or same day, it will generally be drained down with no huge puddles or sloppy areas. Snake boots are your call, although they may provide as much protection from poison ivy as from snakes.

Don't know exactly how "clean" the lanes will be. They have lots of land to use, so the targets may be in an area I haven't seen yet this year.

jakeeib

Are the lanes/trails clean and dry...or do we need water boots/snake boots.....

The main walking lane is a sand road, it is not to bad, so aslong as we dont get much rain between now and then it will be okay.
From the road to the targets there are no lanes, we cleared the shooting obstacles but left it as undisturbed as possible.
There are some shots down into low ground.
I would recommend bringing boots and then you can decide when you get there.

FD716

Very excited for this one as it will be my first competition shoot! I've heard nothing but good things about this one.

FD716

That's the reason I wanted to try this one. Thought it might be a good time to learn the operational procedures at an archery shoot. No need in going to an Olympic qualifier for my first one! :biggrin2:

watermedic

There is a great shoot tomorrow at Destiny Farms!

The benefit shoot for Jamey Jones. It will be a great shoot to learn the basics.