Been having withdrawals

Allen Oliver

Have not been able to hunt since HC. Seems like work is just been doing its best to keep me out of the woods this year. I am heading to Alabama in the morning for a few hunts this weekend and I am really looking forward to spending some time up a tree. I have only been able to hunt one morning this season in bama. I had a close call with a big six that morning and I am looking for a second chance at him. I have sharpened the woodsman up that I took the doe with at HC. Hoping the mojo will be good in the morning.

SELFBOW

I go crazy just missing a few days. I need to at least just walk around in the woods to keep sane. I love it that much. Its not the hunting but just being there......I'm sitting in deer camp now solo waiting on Marty to show up but its all good. Campfire n yotes are enough for now.....

Allen Oliver

Been working 15 hour days all week at a Ga Power Plant and watching deer all over the place. Watching employees at the plant going hunting and bringing meat out has not helped either. I will be camping tomorrow night myself:yeah:. Good luck to y'all this weekend.

Jayin J

I'm takin a break in the morning and going after some quack quacks.

deast1988

I'm takin a break in the morning and going after some quack quacks.

Me aswell, watched my buddy pop a doe this evening from a long ways off with his AR. And every field we went to had deer out and about.

Got the blood flowing, ducks in the mornings deer in the evenings. Not a bad weekend at all.

Good luck to all!

Munkywrench

I'm with ya Allen, between 10-15 hour days and the family I've only been hunting 3-6 hours a week. It's Killin me. Good luck this weekend

Skunkhound

I hope you do well Allen, but it could be worse. I've got about 80 hrs in the woods this season with no shots, and only two deer seen.

Allen Oliver

Update

Only got to Hunt yesterday due to weather. Pulled the card from one of my cameras and got some more prospects. Did find some good rubs and scrapes in my area. I walked up on a button head while scouting at lunch time. He was feeding on some red oaks. I found me a good tree to climb and set up on them yesterday afternoon. I think I have him on camera. First picture I think is him. Second picture is a buck I have not got any photos of yet till this shot. Last picture is a problem that needs to be taken out. I have a lot of pictures of these pest on this plot.:shoot:

Attachments

• WGI_0044.jpg
    WGI_0044.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 177
  • WGI_0165.jpg
    WGI_0165.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 183
  • WGI_0049.jpg
    WGI_0049.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 187

Al33

Looks like you have plenty of targets to choose from Allen. Good luck when you get back there.