Heavy Artillery

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Just got done tying these up for an articulated streamer fly swap on another site. Galloup's Boogie Man, #2 front, #4 back hooks. Love big streamers, but tying them is a lot like work.

Attachments

• boogie-men.jpg
    boogie-men.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 603

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
Very nice! I could have used one of them yesterday. I hit up a nearby DH and threw nothing but big streamers all day. I knew I wouldn't catch as many fish, but I was targeting bigger fish.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Very nice! I could have used one of them yesterday. I hit up a nearby DH and threw nothing but big streamers all day. I knew I wouldn't catch as many fish, but I was targeting bigger fish.

Those will drag some big browns and rainbows out of wild creeks too, especially ones like the lower end of the one where we were fishing last summer. It's also amazing how many 8" trout will hit those things, too.

Killer Kyle

You cheatin' on us with another forum, Hillbilly?! I just knew it. I could smell her cheap perfume!!!

Those are some fine flies right there though. I'll sit down about once per year, and crank out some wool head articulated streamers similar to the ones you have there. I'll get about three finished, and then I'm good until next year. I don't have the patience to crank out a 30 minute fly. You, sir, have the patience of a saint! Excellent work!
Do I see an articulated streamer swap in our future?!

Caddisfly01

Very,very nice streamers..They are a lot of work, but funny how it all seems worthwhile when you feel that tug..Great job! :clap:

The mtn man

Those will drag some big browns and rainbows out of wild creeks too, especially ones like the lower end of the one where we were fishing last summer. It's also amazing how many 8" trout will hit those things, too.

You ought to bring a few of those along with us this may, we can slip off the the lower end of where we will be camping.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
You ought to bring a few of those along with us this may, we can slip off the the lower end of where we will be camping.

Yep, I'll bring some. Have to tie them with the front hook clipped for the park, though.