Sgi 3/10-16

Rabun

Had an opportunity to spend a week at St George with my Sister and Brother Inlaw. Weather for the most part....WINDY. Sat & Sun..3/10 & 11... was the calmest of the week and we were able to find some fish kayaking in a small creek bay side of the island. Managed two keepers...a nice slot red my Son landed and a 22" trout that I got. Released several short reds, but that was the only trout caught. We tried back a couple times when the wind allowed through the week, but with continual weather fronts and wind direction changes, the fish just eluded us. Everything we caught in the bay...and we tried pretty much everything less live shrimp...was on top water plug.

Through the week we surfed fished a good bit when it was too windy to kayak. Never got into anything on the beach...a couple small whiting and a couple of bonnet heads was it. I did see one small pompano caught in the cut one afternoon.

It is about to bust loose down there with water temps approaching 65 and a good bit of mullet and pogies starting to show up. I'll be back toward the first of May with my boat in search of snapper, triggers, kings and hopefully a cobia and hoping weather will be more cooperative.

joepuppy

Thanks for the update. I fish the surf there often, especially the cut. When the fishing is right, there isn't a bad place to fish.