Chunkin' Streamers

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
We all go through stages, and I'm going through one now. I don't care how many fish I catch, I care more about how I catch them. I know I could catch a lot more fish throwing a double nymph rig, but I've just wanted to throw big meaty streamers.

So here's a few pics from my last couple outings. Brownies and Brookies and Rainbows, oh my!:hair:

39534469450_8dd2bf998c_b.jpg

39534469380_be9973eb47_b.jpg

26472137677_eb57df1e10_b.jpg

40447763905_975c9281a4_b.jpg

41300898602_7785a6cfce_b.jpg

40447767535_2d41cdae30_b.jpg

40630017054_8094c171bd_b.jpg

27471572038_135a4236a4_b.jpg

26472158237_a66d16b063_b.jpg

27471582808_7b6f0de1b2_b.jpg

And my biggest surprise... I thought when I saw it flash that I had a big brown, and then it commenced to fighting and jumping. River smallies on a fly rod are tough to beat.

26472156607_6827bb0306_b.jpg

He already had a mouthful of at least 2 other fish when he attacked my streamer. Hungry little bugger.

26472151917_0e2fab7cf8_b.jpg

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Good stuff! I really like to chunk streamers myself when I'm in the mood to.

TheTroutWhisperer

Great news, I've never fished it and am watching the weather. Run off is trying to start but when cold fronts move through it clears up quickly.

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
Years ago I was drawing blanks on Virginia's Smith River. Switched to a tiny, sparse #10 yellow and brown Clouser popularized by Lefty and they couldn't resist. The biggest trout I've ever hooked was on a large Wooly Bugger. Emphasis on hooked. It was the pool below the CensoredCensoredCensoredCensored on the East Fork of the Snake at the beginning of Box Canyon below Island Park Reservoir. It came up and rolled, snapping the long shank. A rusty hook. Sometimes it's not worth saving old flies, especially hooks that are susceptible to rust. Gil

P.S. Apparently we can't refer to a man made structure that holds water back on a river forming a lake or reservoir. A little too much, robo censor...

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
P.S. Apparently we can't refer to a man made structure that holds water back on a river forming a lake or reservoir. A little too much, robo censor...

Well dam, it would help if you spelled it right.::ke:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Years ago I was drawing blanks on Virginia's Smith River. Switched to a tiny, sparse #10 yellow and brown Clouser popularized by Lefty and they couldn't resist. The biggest trout I've ever hooked was on a large Wooly Bugger. Emphasis on hooked. It was the pool below the CensoredCensoredCensoredCensored on the East Fork of the Snake at the beginning of Box Canyon below Island Park Reservoir. It came up and rolled, snapping the long shank. A rusty hook. Sometimes it's not worth saving old flies, especially hooks that are susceptible to rust. Gil

You can type the word "dam" which is exactly that structure you are describing all day long. If you add an "n" to the end of it, turning it into the curse word, then it is censored. The two words are spelled differently.

j_seph

Did you notice how them trout seemed to be looking down at their mouth where the hook was?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Did you notice how them trout seemed to be looking down at their mouth where the hook was?
If a fish's eyes aren't looking down in a pic, it's dead.

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
I've had too much dam turkey hunting lately to have caught the spelling. If y'all had seen that fish roll when the hook broke you might have added the n to the dam as well. ;) Gil

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Beautiful Pics Brother!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!!:clap:

dutchman

I'd rather fish a streamer than eat...and that's saying something.