Need some help please.

hogdgz

I aquired this from my grandfather who passed away a few years ago. I don't fly fish so I have no clue about the rod and reels. I haven't really looked at this much until now and wanted to know what I had and what it's worth. Everything is like new and the rod I believe was never used. Any help would be appreciated. I may be wrong but i think some of this was from the 80's. Any info and prices would be appreciated.
Sage rod with sock and metal tube
House of hardy reel with "LongStone"wrote on it
Cortland reel

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:
Sage is a DS or Discovery rod, an entry level rod (for a sage) and will probably go for somewhere around $150. I have never cast one, but they supposedly have a nice moderate action. The cortland reel is likely not worth a whole lot, but the hardy on the other hand could be quite valuable based on it's model and condition. Best way to see what they are worth is to see what other's are paying for them on Ebay. All in all, that is some really nice equipment.

hogdgz

Thanks Ferrulewax, I prolly wouldn't get rid of this stuff only bc it was my grandfathers but it is interesting to see what they are worth. I have accumulated so much stuff over the years that never gets used and I am running out of room for it.