How to remove grill grease from stamped concrete?

Alphafish

We had some heavy winds earlier in the week and my gas grill toppled over, spilling the drip pan over part of my stamped concrete patio. What’s the best way to get it off/out? Pressure washer?

Thanks in advance,
Kevin

sinclair1

I have luck with wesleys bleech white wall cleaner and pressure washer. I hit it as soon as it happens, so not sure after it sets in the concrete.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Dawn dish detergent and a soft bristled brush.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
I've heard that TSP works... mixing up a paste of TSP and water, then putting it down over the stain, and then covering it with a garbage bag for a couple of days to let it work, then pressure washing. Although, a steam jenny probably bypasses all the hassle.

I have used the decreasing hand cleaner product "MoJo"? and a stiff scrub brush then hosed off, then repeat, with excellent results before.

Alphafish

After three goes with Dawn and a nylon brush not much improvement. I'll try the GoJo and then if that doesn't work I'll try to find a steam jenny I can rent.

Thanks everybody for the advice.

HbsMulD0nIDhN0J_sAt3suxkkiDQ_KIqMBSc-WL-HS29Hd--umGk4Mw1ROa8Ylc2hcpfLWaIvh44aB4EC2H7EeqVdzgb4wbZwx34pyYoA4rI1roGw-U7boWDpoH2HwdZGRbJ5udoZzwWG1GCqCqR-j7aZsxSFk4EYTtbnCwuoYWm6GIuiYFVOSNLC2JO6Q3zJFIpU8ojlAh5tSJCsD0HFg8KlrrXCdNLgAyT__1cQ7sWkjEpHdsM7YK4_rczteY-LvkG_NH0c9xXZcSGNLrhDowhh-sdhGlDWKuT2hNamDND8fg2ASfFIOwMzaELFWe7uQJ8G-e5scQNu6hLKj_G2sA_0T-KE-A4PBMxWpO-2Y1apyMFM8WVy7UgClHKu3L9CY3ONpsP5EAxykj_7n8RY5AMkeqKccjsnrmF8vPqF4vKif0nEcegE3uHGWt6uZixEjh78pyVhJ8pmpX-wSDAAE4MgbiuAT8xxRmvU6t5a80tvGPApyNLfppLelHZ1L_v_3BZnGuqZFnit7gQIYDJjtyoIew4LL4oDTE0gMl47iVr7BDt50DeLMxGwM0Y_2EIqjmTfD7DgGZdbyXZk5mTjPPYmRKAp8I4MmXy9zx-=w504-h672-no

RikNLhG5i6zt0FutZ51T3fz6VPesN34mBBC2kgddrDSuiQpTAVEzdx14cEPZN2ZRUZlx1CAt65t2B0EpVsn78oUI1x9xZhHD1cfVkMDqkrJUuLf57DBzK4e_AzF5qAY6BWCekIUcvuqq0VT7I_wHCy90TmEAfQW7cH3CuCAQTnqRS9jirvkXKIyZVLf7jD0ewSkAv1X15AhJ77vwJuSdvPAGbdL45HU-oD3gftNaEItvoO_BQb5za_EsIZq_LY2qA9J-g7a2J-WEmVFtiHurS4GMeCGIpsnrJEb3aZa6ofcVaM5JWW4I2uUIayvFdkpGrFIID1oIe8jM427Lfl97s1ZQ3z15_bAsb19B2iWfgPXr7WSZ6Mf8fKe6kgagNwZ5e72idpNEbfCl2SCUFGUFkQ3Z4_87_HHBWWTfaF8qpPejz5o9KZ3kKcxnvyhp623NmfZ1ztXxSz8utfJkBsI231xLr6IYBMuOdZ87HDvSxLmqxnPspUhde5H6uDQUXjRWMiYJIJBkmseXov8gj8br93Jim73NNbMqekuLM7LyQhhXCpXg3LKCAmTYw6nWeCg7xo2iBHiLdUw1gw_nbpSohI4Z7MjNE6-IQfLeVnCk=w504-h672-no

Hoss78

Try CLR I have used it in past on hydraulic oil in driveways and concrete parking lots with good results.

basstrkr

Grout

The kind you use for ceramic tile. Put it down dry, broom it around, wait a day or two, then sweep up. Its so fine it get into the pores and absorbs the grease.

GaMudd

I have had luck using mineral spirits and kitty litter (Oil Dry). Brush in the spirits and then work the Oil Dry in with a broom and let sit for a bit. It soaks up the oil and spirits. I did this recently when the Jiffy Lube place forgot to tighten the oil plug on a recent oil change.

NOYDB

BANNED
What ever you decide to use, let it sit overnight and have enough for at least three rounds. Each round will get more.

jigman29

Sherwin Williams carries a product called ebc that is a really good cold water degreaser. I use it on driveways I pressure wash. It needs a little dwell time but no matter what you use do not let it dry. Keep it wet or it loses its cleaning ability. Spray, dwell, agitate then power wash. May take several attempts to get it up and it may never completely come up. A hot water machine will help a bunch for sure. But you can destroy concrete with a pressure washer so I would just call a local guy to do it for you. Rental will be close enough to what you are going to pay a pro im betting.

NOYDB

BANNED
or plan "B".

Paint out the stain.

or plan "C".

Stain the whole deck with drippings. Make it look like it was supposed to be that way.

Elbow grease is the best cleaner, use lots, as often as needed.

Alphafish

My wife suggested to just put Dawn on the spots in the morning, rub in with the nylon brush (no water), let it bake in the sun all day, then rinse away late afternoon. It worked perfectly, of course.

SgGJXzLkermZ4aQ52

Thanks for all the suggestions everybody.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 42
Last edited: