Idiot news media (no surprise)

fishtail

http://www.wsav.com/news/local-news...the-murder-of-fort-stewart-soldier/1132490242

They say Jones had a 38. caliber gun. No bullets or shell casings were found in Corwin's murder, but a 38. millimeter bullet was found inside the David Buskirk,

we knew that Mr. Buskirk was shot with a 38, and there was a box of bullets with the same strange print markings around the bottom of the bullet."

Forensics testified that the bullet wound in Corwin could have been a 38, among others.

fishtail

Now, you know and I know ain't nobody ever been shot with a "38. caliber gun".
That's 38 inches!
Same goes for the "38. millimeter bullet".
That's an inch and a half!
And I have no idea what a "38," could be.
Apparently neither does the writer.

sinclair1

We all have our strengths. Just imagine if you had to report on veganism or marathon running. Would you be knowledgeable or a idiot writer?

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
In fishtail's defense he's not being paid to report the news and perhaps if was he would do his due diligence to report the news accurately

sinclair1

In fishtail's defense he's not being paid to report the news and perhaps if was he would do his due diligence to report the news accurately

The world is awesome. My wife's doctor smokes, so it just proves you can hold a job and be weak on a subject or two while youre doing them.

We can't all be NOYDB :flag:

fishtail

We all have our strengths. Just imagine if you had to report on veganism or marathon running. Would you be knowledgeable or a idiot writer?
You have a very good point.
Obviously I'm a dinosaur. We got failing grades for wrong answers and only the winners got trophies.

NOYDB

BANNED
It may have been a 38 nitro.

A pump revolver elephant gun. Used for hunting baby seals at the equator. Sawed off bump stocks for that gun are on the banned list.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
If the clip isn't fastened properly the gun will fall apart.

specialk

banana clips are awesome....

Attachments

• Banana-magazine.jpg
    Banana-magazine.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 173

fishtail

I just expect too much of people.
I took journalism in school, was taught to be accurate as the circumstances allowed, arrive at the point quickly and present all available information. This was after researching the subject matter. For some reason it has become acceptable for journalists to become sloppy and ignorant, just as sinclair implies.
These are publications of public record, I'd hate for someone to read about something later in life I had published showing just how incapable I was at doing my job.
If I have to proof read for and decipher a simple news report, what good is it?

sinclair1

I just expect too much of people.
I took journalism in school, was taught to be accurate as the circumstances allowed, arrive at the point quickly and present all available information. This was after researching the subject matter. For some reason it has become acceptable for journalists to become sloppy and ignorant, just as sinclair implies.
These are publications of public record, I'd hate for someone to read about something later in life I had published showing just how incapable I was at doing my job.
If I have to proof read for and decipher a simple news report, what good is it?
The good old days have left us. Now days, they don't send the reporter that has knowledge out to the scene. It's a free for all to get the story out as it unfolds amongst 50 freelance gum shoes.

In this case the reporter probably listened to the court tapes. They are verbal so the gal had no idea what 38 even meant. Be happy she got that close, had she been on the scene as it unfolded, it would have been a AK47.

It's just the world we live in now. If you sit there and proof read your story for even 5 minutes. Youre unemployed because some kid with a cellphone will break the story on Facebook.

fishtail

And it has taken a direction to a new level of making up news as you go along.
Even to the point of announcing an event happening before it takes place.
The idea of news breaking is extinct.
Now you only see news making.
Actually, Facebook does a more efficient job.
It is sad for these college educated people.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
"but a 38. millimeter bullet was found inside the David Buskirk, "
I had to read this a second time,then just SMH

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
They say Jones had a 38. caliber gun. No bullets or shell casings were found in Corwin's murder, but a 38. millimeter bullet was found inside the David Buskirk, who was shot on the same street three days later.

Then clearly the two cases are not connected. A 38. caliber gun cannot fire a 38. millimeter bullet.