fishing the hooch

martinc

Fishing the Hooch in the morning, going after a few stripes & hybrids. They've been running for several weeks between Columbus and Ft. Benning and I want my chance at them. A good customer of mine at work has put several hundred pounds worth of filets in the freezer.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Martin

Dialer

We used to go interrogate the older gentlemen we would see fishing the hooch under the Gordon Road bridge at Fulton County Airport. We would watch them guys catch small, really small bream and put them in a bucket. One of us finally asked them what they do with those little fish. "Oh we make the finest bream patties you will ever put in your mouth!" Being nosy kids, we would ask how to do it. "You just put 'em in a meat grinder, scales, head, tail and all, and grind 'em out and make patties, then fry 'em up in a pan"! I gotta admit, I did throw up just a little bit!

warronl

We used to go interrogate the older gentlemen we would see fishing the hooch under the Gordon Road bridge at Fulton County Airport. We would watch them guys catch small, really small bream and put them in a bucket. One of us finally asked them what they do with those little fish. "Oh we make the finest bream patties you will ever put in your mouth!" Being nosy kids, we would ask how to do it. "You just put 'em in a meat grinder, scales, head, tail and all, and grind 'em out and make patties, then fry 'em up in a pan"! I gotta admit, I did throw up just a little bit!

My Dad and I would walk nearly two miles to get to that bridge and fish. A couple of weeks ago I put in at the ball field and ran the boat 9 miles up the river just to see that spot again. I've had some great times fishing there. No bream patties though.

Last edited:

b5fish

My Dad and I would walk nearly two miles down MLK Drive to get to that bridge and fish. A couple of weeks ago I put in at the ball field and ran the boat 9 miles up the river just to see that spot again. I've have some great times fishing there. No bream patties though.

Does your dad still go there? Ive stopped and spoken to an older gentleman a few times, he is there every time I go out. I learned a lot of info from talking with these guys.

I have been launching at the ball fields every weekend, if you see a silver cherokee and camo jon stop and say hi!

warronl

Does your dad still go there? Ive stopped and spoken to an older gentleman a few times, he is there every time I go out. I learned a lot of info from talking with these guys.

I have been launching at the ball fields every weekend, if you see a silver cherokee and camo jon stop and say hi!

No sir, He's wetting lines in Heaven! I will definitely say Hi! I'll be in a Green Ranger and Alumacraft boat.

b5fish

No sir, He's wetting lines in Heaven! I will definitely say Hi! I'll be in a Green Ranger and Alumacraft boat.

I'll be sure to think of him when I pass his spot!

At the boat ramp I drove a metal rod deep into the bank if you need something to tie up on. I will paint the head of it orange next time I'm out.