Re-Billing Vision 110's

Browniez

I've seen a guy to two online I could send off my vision 110s to to have them rebilled.

Does anyone have any experience with rebilling these in terms of action? Would it be worth spending the coin to fix them? The prices I've seen online (around 15 bucks) would make it very worthwhile, as opposed to buying new ones. If and only if they perform as well. Or should I just make some ghetto lip less cranks out of them?

Anyone local who might be recommended?

These things are awesome, but way too darn fragile. I just don't want to waste them if they can be fixed.

Last edited:

Tmpr111

After losing two of these I went back to the ole KVD jerkbaits (my favorite actually for the river). The newer models have come a long way. I do like the Vision 110s too though. No idea on who or how to get them rebilled.

King.Of.Anglers.Jeremiah

Fishing ? Instructor!
Haven't done a Jerkbait like a 110, their bills are generally small, but have done a few crankbaits before. As long as it's glued in properly, straight, and cleanly with the same kind of bill, it should work fine. I wouldn't go for it if the price to fix it was near the price of just buying a new one though.

King.Of.Anglers.Jeremiah

Fishing ? Instructor!
If you like the vision 110, try the lucky craft pointer 100 also. It's a good alternative, though not a whole lot cheaper.

wfb0002

What makes them fragile makes them great. The thin bill is part of the reason the action is what it is. When I break mine, I salvage the hooks and get a new bait. The wire wears out pretty quick I am sure you have noticed.

Don't know how many followers you get fishing them where you are, but I know I catch way more spots on lanier than with a LC. That is how I introduced them to Pat in the first place. He was tossing the LC and I was catching em on the 110+1

Megabass is considered a rip bait . Yes I agree the weak point is there best point . A good alternative is the ima flit 120 and the duo realis line up if your wanting a hard darting action . I do also have multiple lucky craft jerkbaits they are not as aggressive and have a rolling action unlike the ima , and megabass .

Browniez

What makes them fragile makes them great. The thin bill is part of the reason the action is what it is. When I break mine, I salvage the hooks and get a new bait. The wire wears out pretty quick I am sure you have noticed.

Don't know how many followers you get fishing them where you are, but I know I catch way more spots on lanier than with a LC. That is how I introduced them to Pat in the first place. He was tossing the LC and I was catching em on the 110+1

Ah so basically you are the reason I got started on the 110's! You have impacted my wallet for the worse sir! I still thank you though. That wire certainly does not stand up to very bony mouths well.

I'll have to look into the flits, those look right up my alley.

I used to use the RCSTX almost exclusively, and it hung some serious, serious fish. Just not like the 110 magnum.

cumberland

That Rick Clunn model most likely can match the catch rates of the 110. A local bait company, sworming hornet , was making a jerkbait identical to the vision a few years ago and i caught fish with it equal to the 110. I am definitely going to try the Rick Clunn. I would prefer to pay 7.99 to Lucky Strike than 30 something to the Japs.

Browniez

That Rick Clunn model most likely can match the catch rates of the 110. A local bait company, sworming hornet , was making a jerkbait identical to the vision a few years ago and i caught fish with it equal to the 110. I am definitely going to try the Rick Clunn. I would prefer to pay 7.99 to Lucky Strike than 30 something to the Japs.

The clunns are great. I used them exclusively for about 2 years. Dont get me wrong I'm a fan. The visions out fish them 3 to 1, and they produce larger fish on average.

I've got a pretty big sample size on both, so I'm convinced.

I've got a few custom 110 magnum knock offs coming in the mail from a guy out in Missouri. Hopefully they perform as well.

I'm going to have to go back to the RCSTX though, I can't justify the 30 bucks if it's going to break constantly.

So I agree with you on this.

wfb0002

Are you breaking them on the rocks while you are working them? Don't know how much you think it will affect the fish, but you may consider throwing it on heavier line to keep the bait higher in the water column. I break mine throwing them into docks facepalm:, so that doesn't do much for me.