Who makes this bobber/float?

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
Seriously, I've been fishing with these for as long as i can remember. Well, i left my last one in a willow tree on the Muckaloochee and didn't realize i was out.
They used to be everywhere, and now i can't even find them online with google. This was the only pic i could find and the place listed is out of business:
Anybody know?

Attachments

• bream bobber.jpg
    bream bobber.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 1,201

roperdoc

Think I saw some in Franklins here in Athens a while back. If I run across any again I'll send you a heads up.
Good luck!

ETA If you find someone with a lathe, especially if they turn pens, they might be able to fix you some

Terribleted

Not sure just how you are rigging those, but, there are many pencil bobber designs that look like they might work as replacements.

karen936

Head Researcher, McDurdellson Enterprises, Inc.
how long are those bama

King.Of.Anglers.Jeremiah

Fishing ? Instructor!
Try looking up catfish or carp floats on eBay. There are similar ones listed for sale and in pretty large quantities too.

karen936

Head Researcher, McDurdellson Enterprises, Inc.
bama I looked all over sorry didn't catch the ruler
I even checked the china market can't find them

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
Try looking up catfish or carp floats on eBay. There are similar ones listed for sale and in pretty large quantities too.
yeah, i've about given up on the exact ones i had.
bama I looked all over sorry didn't catch the ruler
I even checked the china market can't find them

Same here Karen, I finally gave up and ordered some similar ones from china. Have no clue what size splitshot a "2.0 gram Paulownia Wood fishing bobber" will suspend though.
I reckon we'll find out in a month when they get here. :bounce:

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks fishingga, but with prices like those, i'll use the cheap ones.
Gonna try to make my own out of some balsawood from Hobby Lobby.

Bo Webb

Look at "sports trading post" on etsy. He has them listed as:

"12 Pencil Style Quill Floats, Choose from 3-1/2" or 5" lengths, Red/White, Eyelet Both End with band"

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
Look at "sports trading post" on etsy. He has them listed as:

"12 Pencil Style Quill Floats, Choose from 3-1/2" or 5" lengths, Red/White, Eyelet Both End with band"

Thanks, Bo!
Got it bookmarked! :fine::fine: